Night Market Mermaid

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mothit, May 1, 2018.

1. mothit

mothit Orbital Explorer

Coincidentally had my current save already on the last night of the market when I started up the beta.

Went to this swanky mermaid place
    [​IMG]
    and noticed that if you sit through the whole show, you can right click on the shells at the front of the stage and they'll play a note and display a colour

[​IMG]

a colour which matches to some of the weird designs of the show

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I feel like this has something to do with the door to the right of the mermaid, since the show seems otherwise useless...

I've yet to figure out a pattern that makes sense. I don't know if the colours change on a different night or anything. It's all very odd. and the gold colour hasn't actually showed up in the show for me.

It might be something that requires looking at for all nights of the night market? idk

Last edited: May 1, 2018
      Borodin likes this.
    • Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

It is in beta, and there's nothing on it in the Wiki, yet. Will be interesting to see where this goes.

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Actually the solution to the puzzle is in one of the new 'secret note' quests the update added. Solving it will get you a rare item.

Borodin, Erick648 and Sugar-Fable like this.
        • everfreefire

everfreefire Big Damn Hero

Amusingly, I had figured out the right combination *before* I knew about the note (It matches the music), but you cannot do it until you have the note itself, or at least the magnifying glass.

• ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

I can confirm that you absolutely can do it without the note. I did it by accident playing the melody of the tune on the shells. Still got the item. However, it is pretty impossible to not have the magnifying glass unless you are explicitly dodging that event since the night event the mermaid event is a part of is in winter.

• everfreefire

I can't comment on getting the pattern right (I am 99% sure I did), but the character I used to test initially does *not* have the magnifying glass. Unsure how I missed it, but I just checked.

• ShneekeyTheLost

Since the pattern is given with a note, the game probably checks to see if it would have been even remotely possible for you to get said note (i.e. have the required magnifying glass), but sine the notes are pretty randomized, probably in some sort of array, he didn't want to go through the hassle of trying to determine if you had *that particular* note. So he just required the magnifying glass.

Alternately, I've been told that there are some differences with some of the translations. The spanish translation, for example, had issues triggering the start of the magnifying glass event. I ran on the English version, if you ran on a different one, then perhaps this is a linguistic bug that needs reporting?

• everfreefire

Nope, I run English. I'm not sure *how* I skipped it, but I am winter 18 without the glass. May have gone around.

• ShneekeyTheLost

The trigger is only one square in the dead center of the path next to your farm, right in the square next to the trigger to move you to your farm, so it may be easy to miss. If you don't hit it coming from your farm, try going the other and enter your farm from the bus stop area down the dead center of the road and see if that doesn't trigger it.

• everfreefire

Oh, I don't really *care* in regards to that farm. I only used it because it was the closest to Winter at the time. She did what I needed her to (Finish Joja) and considering I was in Fall without meeting half the town...