1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Discussion New update (Furious Koala) Server Issues

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Archer, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Archer

Archer Spaceman Spiff

But that's pretty hilarious lol, what an exploit........ It was way worse than I had ever thought.

2. Indeed Archer huhu. SO far here UDP is not affected, I have monit checking each 30sec and Gametracker checking and it does not seems to cause lag spikes, mine were from the ServerLister site I think and the Pinda's status page php

Better ban the bot ip of ServerLister and Starbound-Servers.net for the moment (not sure if sbnet still uses TCP because I have removed my server from this site some days ago)

3. Hexicube

Hexicube Star Wrangler

Currently I'm installing StarryPy to see if that also has this issue, I'm rather curious as to how it handles 'foreign' clients.

4. Bunnky

Bunnky Sandwich Man

A. I'm posting in a relevant topic.. No need to create my own topic.. That would just add to the problem.. Also I'd have to post that all over the place.. Simply because there are REPEATED posts about the same thing..
    B. Useful things to say? Have you even been reading half the forum? Christ, it's a ces pool of unorganized noob spew.

MAYBE if the mods of the forum would consolidate topics it wouldn't be that bad. There is no need to have 3 posts literally right on top of eachother with the exact same bug/problem. THAT is the main problem. I should not have to go to page fucking 4 to find anything useful that isn't a complaint.

5. Archer

Archer Spaceman Spiff

A. But you are only contributing to the problem you are pointing out right now.
    B. That other people say useless stuff doesn't mean you should go ahead and do the same thing..

I'm done with discussing it btw, go PM some mods if you think this forum is messy, don't do the (irrelevant) complaining about how people post on this thread.

Ontopic: I'm going to edit the main post and add important information that was uncovered recently.

6. Hexicube

Hexicube Star Wrangler

It looks like StarryPy acts as a relay server, so it should actually prevent the lag spikes from bad clients, at least I hope. Not sure how it handles out-of-date clients.

7. Archer

Archer Spaceman Spiff

I assume it's the same thing as a bad client, so it might fix all issues then.

StarryPy seems very promising, once it is working well it could become what starrybound was to many people previously :)

8. Hexicube

Hexicube Star Wrangler

It IS working, I'm using it now with no issues and the commands also work fine.
    [edit] Realised I misinterpreted, it seems to work pretty well for me.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  9. I have updated Pinda's Status tool to also monitor non-starbound connection, thanks a lot Hexi for helping on significantly reduce number of issues, so far not solved the segfault crash but contributes to less I believe and users report performance massively improved on there end so its good :)

Code:
                    } //Info: accept from 98.214.XX.XX:39141 (11)
                    else if(preg_match("/accept\s*from\s*([^:\s]+)/", $line, $val))
                    {
                        if (!isset($this->conn[$val[1]]))
                            $this->conn[$val[1]] = array();
                        if (!isset($this->conn[$val[1]]['count']))
                            $this->conn[$val[1]]['count'] = 0;
                        ++$this->conn[$val[1]]['count'];
                    } //Info: UniverseServer: Client 'Elecia Liveroot' <1> (98.214.XX.XX:39141) connected
                    else if(preg_match("/Client.*\(([^:\s]+)\:\d+\)\s*connected/", $line, $val))
                    {
                        //if (isset($this->conn[$val[1]]['count']) ) {
                            --$this->conn[$val[1]]['count'];
                        //}
                    }

you can see a demo there http://class101.org:55100/demo/index.php, 141.138.139.69 is the server lister bot before I banned it

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  10. Hexicube

Hexicube Star Wrangler

Thanks, seems like a stupid issue for the base server to have, so maybe it wasn't considered when it was being tested...

11. Underbalanced

Underbalanced Phantasmal Quasar

Yes it is. But also when you compare other games that have made the same money and are in alpha. Cough Rust. Have much much better core mechanics. Anyways we also collect here to make sure its not our server thats the issue. It is good to share experiances.

12. Archer

Archer Spaceman Spiff

It just lags and generates error messages about banned players for us. Seems the wrapper's dev is aware of the issue as it is happening to him as well now, so we're hoping for a fix :p

13. SolSoCoG

SolSoCoG Astral Cartographer

Exactly the same error that I get.
    It happens at some point, not sure which.

But when that happens, it says server is full even if its 6/128 players!

Archer likes this.
  14. Jothri

Jothri Orbital Explorer

Has anyone had any problems with joining servers after modding? And afterwards, getting rid of the mods?

15. Underbalanced

Underbalanced Phantasmal Quasar

Same issue doesn't matter about conditions

16. Archer

Archer Spaceman Spiff

Had it too recently... Server full while there appears to be just one online.

17. Lily Wolf

Lily Wolf Space Hobo

I cant seem to join any server, and when I get one to work it throws me off after about 5 minutes. I wish I could find one server to just stay on and not have to keep searching through tons of lists. It is so frustrating that I almost just wonna give up playing a game that I find a whole lot of fun. Does anyone have a stable server that would not mind 3 nice but kinda quiet players? Sorry if I put this in the wrong spot. Kinda new to forums of any kind.