Suggestion New unit suggestion, balance ideas

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Tharix, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Tharix

Tharix Intergalactic Tourist

Hello, been playing this game quite a bit and loving it. Also read alot of threads and seen many voice concerns on balance regarding pikemen.

I put together a couple suggestions that i think could help.

I consider the main cause of the balance issue twofold

1: Pikemen lack a natural counter on the ground, archers come close but are too expensive compared to pikes and are far too fraigile

2: Price too low based on current ground unit selection and compared effectiveness

Suggestions in order of severity of changes

1: Raise price of pikemen to 250, making them feel more inline with their power

1.2 Lower archer price to ~ 300

2: Make pikemen vulnurable to swordsmen, this also gives swordsmen more purpose during the game

3: Add a new unit type, call it berserker or great weapon user. Make pikemen vulnurable to them and in turn have the new unit weak to swordsmen and/or knights. Set price near pikemen. This gives us a unit triangle that makes us able to respond and counter.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
    • Fadedsun

Fadedsun Astral Cartographer

These suggestions have been well, suggested, quite often. All we can do is wait to see if Chucklefish will implement any of our ideas. They've been real quiet recently.

I like the idea of a berserker unit, and now I'm wondering why there aren't any ax users in this game.

Tharix likes this.
      • ttv_will1v1

ttv_will1v1 Tentacle Wrangler

weapon triangle could be nice

• Lyle Drake

Lyle Drake Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I dunno, a weapon triangle seems a bit too simple for a game like wargroove.
          Still, having a reliable counter would be nice. Personally i was thinking, like, a mounted archer or something that could just consistently outrange them, take advantage of their low movement speed.