Modding Help New Ship Need Help

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by kitsunespirit, Dec 18, 2013.

1. kitsunespirit

kitsunespirit Cosmic Narwhal

diagrameship.png

So I just spent the last two days drawing this (and copy-pasting a lot of resources), and then I realize the structure files can past in stuff like flooring and wall tiles... I know its done through the structure files, but what I dont know how to do it place them. I want to use the shoji tiles and the lanterns from the Hylotl ship. Can these be arranged so that certain things can be in front of the wall panels? I like the computer termiinals and the little display panel in the Captain's quarters?

Do I have to place wall panels, or can I just have the ship look like it is in my pic and paste in the wall panels manually?

Also how do I insert the things like the 3D printer and place them where I want them?

diagrameship.png

2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

A bit involved of an answer.

For adding in the blocks, the game uses a block map. a 1:8 scale color map of your ship. Where one pixel is one block, and the color of the pixel represents a block, defined in the structure file.

So to add your desired interior blocks, you need to edit your structure file to have the necessary data, then make your block map.

3. Flurry33

Flurry33 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

kitsunespirit likes this.
  4. kitsunespirit

5. kitsunespirit

Could someone fix this for me? I used the Starbound Toolset, and the block map looks ok to me, but when I try to load it into the game, it freezes up. If you can't get to it right away thats fine, I don't need it right this moment... i included a diagram showing where i want things placed. Oh and the gray blocks for the ship lights can go, i don't want those, just forgot to erase them.

So yeah, I would appreciate if someone could. >.>

Attached Files:

6. Eathed

Eathed Pangalactic Porcupine

Code:
    Error: UniverseServer exception caught: MapException: Key 'KitsuneStarterTreasure' not found in Map::get()
    Have you defined that treasure pool yet? If you haven't, go to assets/treasure/default.treasurepools and define it. You will find the other pools in there, so you can just copy and rename it.

If you have defined it, or your using another mod that defines it, could you post a link so I could help out more with the issue?

7. kitsunespirit

bah! I thought I changed that back... i had changed the treasure pool to Human (or so I thought) when I uploaded it here... must have uploaded the wrong mod files.

8. Eathed

Eathed Pangalactic Porcupine

Other than that, are you still having issues with it? I'm not having any issues with it if I change the pool to an existing one.

One thing to note with your ship is that you have a pixel with the color 156, 0, 255 and another two with the color 122, 122, 122 on the bottom of your ship touching the other pixels. It seems like the first one is your teleporter, so you should move that up one. The second is a light, so you should move it down one. The lights are half blocks so if your character steps on it, it will look like they are just below the ships normal area.

9. kitsunespirit

Hmm... well ok then! I dont think I was understanding ship modding very well when I started making it so I thought I was doing something really wrong. But I think I have it figured out.