Race New Race??

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Green_, May 25, 2015.

1. Joseph the wanderer

Joseph the wanderer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

uhhhh no. just no. just go read the post[DOUBLEPOST=1434084655][/DOUBLEPOST]
    most of those arguments arent actually arguments, their just hating on story. I want reasons why IT is bad not reasons the story is bad. but obviously you cant think of any REAL reasons also, THE ONLY FANTASY THING ABOUT THEM IS THAT THEY LOOK LIKE DRAGONS! SAYING STARBOUND NOT BEING FANTASY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT!:yuno: also, "they are just dragon humanoids, characteristic-wise they're just bland and, don't go much farther from just looking like dragons." they are SUPPOSED to look like dragon humanoids. avians look like bird humanoids. Floran like plant humanoids. Hylotle like fish humanoids. I dont see the problem here.
    EVERYTHING has been done somewhere by someone before. So that argument means nothing.[DOUBLEPOST=1434084714][/DOUBLEPOST]
    nope. just took a break[DOUBLEPOST=1434084855][/DOUBLEPOST]if none of you have real reasons for why its bad then shut up about it instead of giving reasons that dont even apply, or worse are just strait hating (if I dont reply to your next argument, it means it got categorized under this and im ignoring its stupidity)

Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
  2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

except you were trying to argue that the race was original. So the point is very valid.

3. Joseph the wanderer

original suggestion to this game (guess i needed to clarify that). and all those things together ARE original. even if certain aspects of it have been done before, never all at once.

4. lazarus78

By that logic, lets add in green pixies with a ship the shape of the invisible pink unicorn, and they use the power of rainbows and friendship to overcome the evils of the cosmos. That's more original skynet fallout godzillas in space.

For the record, I don't really give a damn about the race. What ticked me off is you are basically shitting on anyone who doesnt like it.

This basically sums up your entire attitude. Anyone who doesn't like the race is OBVIOUSLY a hater or in denial. Heaven forbid someone just doesn't like something for their own personal reasons.

5. Joseph the wanderer

wait... what. how does that even apply?Xsoldier123 said thatthe Drale Aren't original or unique. Im just saying why it is. not that it should be implemented BECAUSE of its uniqueness. (I understand the confusion though)

6. lazarus78

But they aren't original nor unique... by definition.

Origional - present or existing from the beginning; first or earliest.
    Unique - being the only one of its kind; unlike anything else.

Rehashing old themes and calling it original and unique is just bastardizing the words.

7. Joseph the wanderer

and this combination of details ARE unique. give me an example of another scenario with Dragonoid people in a post apocalyptic world then if it isnt :wtf:. NOTHING is unique if you look at its base details separately. Fairies- not unique. carnivorous creatures- not unique. moon aliens- not unique. carnivorous fairy moon aliens- unique. Now do you understand? Im looking at it as a whole. whereas you're looking at it in parts. I think that's why we see it so differently.

8. lazarus78

No I see it just fine. I am just a realist and know very well that nothing is truly original or unique. My issue is more with your attitude of degrading others opinions and interests simply because they don't align with yours, as I quoted above. You say anyone who doesn't like the race is in denial, which is just asinine.

Personally, I think the race is indeed uninspired and bland. So sue me.

9. Joseph the wanderer

I didnt degrade anybody. the only thing i "degraded" was his hating on the Drale for no reason other than: he didnt like them.He started talking about how something i loved sucked, and i defended it. whether you like the idea or not, or think it isnt unique (which it obviously isn't. you just view EVERYTHING as ununique), that doesnt make it bad. and he called me in denial first for liking it, i was just throwing his own words back at him. why aren't you bringing all this up with him then when HE is the one who started this whole mess. Im done now, nothing you could respond would have any significance to me if its all just going to be because your a " realist and know very well that nothing is truly original or unique". Personally I ENJOY the beauty and uniqueness of everything around me. so what if there are lots of flowers, this one is unique because it has a different pattern than any other on its leaves.:rainbow:

10. Xsoldier123

Xsoldier123 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Okay than, no. Go back to the first reply, what did i state? i didn't really like the race, which I suppose was equivalent to me taking a runny dump in your coffee. I can understand why you like the Drales, they aren't bad, however i don't think their up to par to be a vanilla race, they just don't appeal to me or lazarus. To be honest here, molding numerous objects into one doesn't create anew, however lets end it at this, you like drales, we think it's a little bit poopoo caca. I would like to go into further detail, but if your all done with this argument than so be it.

lazarus78 likes this.
  11. LancerG2

LancerG2 Poptop Tamer

12. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

@Joseph the wanderer and @lazarus78 , if you two want to continue arguing, please take it to a PM. This isn't the thread to do it in.
    I think the fact that its face is missing tells you that they're probably not playable.

Have you ever seen the tentacle planets back in the Koala Era? It'd be kinda like that, basically just a planet-sized tentacomet.

13. Joseph the wanderer

"OOO IM JOSEPH AND I EAT DOODOO"? - ok, are you a child? cause that's pretty immature. I dont really care if you like it or not. but dont go telling people it isnt unique or up to par to be in the game, if you haven''t even read the whole thing yet. I dont want people thinking the Drale are something their not
    [DOUBLEPOST=1434118485][/DOUBLEPOST]
    dont worry im done

14. Jiko

Jiko Subatomic Cosmonaut

I don't understand the hate for the Drale. They are an ok race, you may like it or dilike it but it's not crap, expecially compared with some random suggestions, without pics or anything.
    I think it lacks something though. the sprite is a little bland and no scales detail. Also I'd prefer them without wings because the whole thing doesn't make sense at all.

15. Xsoldier123

Oh no, that was just a joke, I dont go around claiming that people eat feces. By the way, I did read the whole loaf, however i just don't like them.[DOUBLEPOST=1434148689][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Myeah, i don't think they're terrible, they just don't seem like the holey grail a certain someone pictures them to be.

16. Joseph the wanderer

i do not claim that. merely defended them. I think their cool. you think their crap. no need to go exaggerating it.
    you cant really do things like scale detail in an 8 bit style game like this, other than just having each pixel be a slightly different shade. and i like the wings, they're Dragonoid not Lizoid(Lizardoid? whatever). the wings seal the deel on the whole dragon aspect of them. he also made them a back item so you can remove them if you want.

17. Xsoldier123

Pretty sure this is 16-bit or 32-bit and it is quite easy to understand the details. And for the first part let me quote your first comment, ahem," http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/meet-the-drale.18980/ <--- this. I NEEEED this ", and end quote, the "NEEEED" part sealed the deal on the drales being a holey grail to you to be honest (there is more evidence in your early posts here). Also I thought you were done commenting here?

18. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Stop the arguing, please.

djDarkX and Owl_Stalker like this.
  19. Joseph the wanderer

done arguing not posting (however you obviously are not :facepalm:)

20. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

I generally include 'parting shots' under the umbrella of 'arguing'.