New Item Suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Thunder55555, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Thunder55555

Thunder55555 Tentacle Wrangler

Here are some of my ideas for new items to put in the game (mostly slime related, as I feel there is not enough items that can be gained from the slime balls):
    • Black and/or Transparent Slime Eggs
    • Possibility of Quality Fruit from Fruit Trees
    • Possibility of Slime Eggs from Slime Balls?
    • More Slime related items (to increase possible items from slime balls)
      • Slimefish?
      • Slimy growth?
        • Algae
          • Slimy Algae
        • Nut
          • Shelled Slime
        • Flower
          • Slimebloom
        • Veggie
          • Slimy Vegetable
          • Veggie Horror
        • Fruit
          • Pitted Slime
          • Juicy Slime
        • Mushroom
          • Slimeshroom
          • Mushslime
          • Slimy Mushroom
        • Other?
          • Brewed Slime (in Keg, using at least 10 slime)
      • Cooked Slime? (would need a recipe - in a letter [possibly from Demetrius - since he is a scientist]?)
        • Slimy Soup
        • Baked Slime
        • Crispy Slime
        • Joja Cola (maybe made with fiber, or put in Keg)?
        • Other?
          • Cooked Slimefish?
          • Cooked Slime Egg?
      • (Another) Slime-related Artifact?
        • Rotten (or Rotting) Slime?
        • Other?
    • Other Items?
      • Please continue this thread, viewers!

Lilliput likes this.
    • oinkgamer

oinkgamer Cosmic Narwhal

Quality fruit tree fruit is already a thing; fruit's quality increases one stage (normal>silver>gold>irridium) by each year that passes after it was planted. Also, I think slimy algae is a little redundant, right?

I'm more or less indifferent to the rest of the suggestions, but im just stuck wondering what the point of it all really is. Adding any of these items would require drafting, creating and refining assets as well as code while not really offering much in terms of content for most players, imo.

• Thunder55555

Thunder55555 Tentacle Wrangler

The ones I posted were suggestions to increase the variety of items found in slime balls in the Slime Hutch. So far, there is only slime and petrified slime (Which was only added as of an update anyways). Having only two items that can be obtained from breeding Slimes (both of which are not worth much), seems a bit of a waste. I recognize that slime eggs can be made with 100 slime, but once you are done 'developing' your slime hutch, slime eggs are only sold. They may be worth a lot, and it does make slime seem a little more valuable. However, if obtaining slime and breeding different colors of the slimes is the sole reason for the Hutch, why is it so big? I realize obtaining the Hutch is the only way to get Slime Eggs, but I feel that this alone is not enough. Once the hutch is built, players can simply go to the mines for slime and egg farming. Slime balls are about the only thing of real value in the hutch once it is built, and you only get an amount of slime and sometimes a little bit of petrified slime (which, once donated to the museum, can only be sold). I juts feel there is not enough practicality for the Slime Hutch. If there were more uses for slime (increasing the value of obtaining quantities of it from the balls), or if petrified slime had a use (even as a building material) or if there was something valuable that could be obtained from the slime balls, then that would make the Hutch seem a little more self-fulfilling, as apposed to getting it to unlock the eggs. In my view, the Hutch takes a lot of time, money, space, and materials to make, then just sits there as I completely ignore it on my farm, go to the mines and Skull Cave, and farm for eggs. I think players would be a little happier with the hutch if it had some other purpose.

• oinkgamer

oinkgamer Cosmic Narwhal

i get that the slime hutch doesnt have much purpose, but what im saying is that most of these suggestions are mostly superficial ways of giving it purpose. you dont even need the slime hutch to make slime eggs, all you need is the slime egg press.

the slime hutch is more of a novelty anyways. i feel like most players dont even bother making it in the first place because of how little it does. maybe the slime hutch should have some additional purpose, but i dont really think any of these are good enough to bother with.

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

I support any thread that uses the phrase, 'veggie horror'. You win.

That does not mean, however, that I wish to make, eat, or be on the same continental landmass with slime-based dishes.