New ideas

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by gnarwhals, Jan 7, 2019.

?

which would you rather have?

1. pineapple

33.3%
  2. rice

66.7%
  3. neither, they dont need to be in the game

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. gnarwhals

gnarwhals Space Hobo

I have play stardew Valley for over 200 hours and i absolutely love the game, but I wish we could have more unique plants. I.e. i wish we could have rice be grown instead of having to buy it everytime i want to make sushi or fried egg with rice. I also wish we could have more exotic plants. Pineapple would be an amazing fruit to add because it can only grow in one type of climate in a place with no winter. This would be the perfect "late game" fruit because this would fit perfectly in the green house. The pineapple could take a whole year to grow and give amazing results. Most people I know whom play the game dont focus getting the green house by the end of year one like me and thus usually get it by the end of year two or three. Many people also do not go the Joja mart path so it wouldn't ruin the core game play of the first few years. Thirdly i would like for the juices and wines to have other uses. I think it would be amazing to be able to make exotic drink of smoothies and other alcoholic beverages with the wines and juices instead of just turning your plants into juices and then aging them to make 3x the profit.

Omgyellow likes this.
    • Skinflint

Skinflint Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If we do get rice, I'd love to see it not be the unsustainable, traditional flooding method. The suite of practices known as The System of Rice Intensification (SRI) has proven (in well-known and popular brands—notably, Lotus Foods) that a fraction of the water, applied at the right times, can as much as double yield (sometimes more). I know it's just a videogame, but I'd love to see gaming embrace the future rather than romanticize the past.

• Kurachi84

Kurachi84 Cosmic Narwhal

i go for rice, and not just for cheaper rice, but i'm interested in more cultures
        pineapple is also nice, but for me rice would have 1 more friendship heart, haha
        both would require more cookings, otherwise the interest might die off easily, i think

• Omgyellow

Omgyellow Space Hobo

I really enjoy the rice idea! That would open the way for making sake (Japanese alcohol). I also agree with more uses of juices and such. I want more recipes in general. And since there's no meat in the vanilla game, tofu would be a perfect option. And then you could somehow make different meats from the tofu, or just use it in its plain form.

Pineapple, banana, cassava, tea, and Jasmine are just a few on my wishlist for new crops. Think of all the possibilities! And with tea, you could make all kinds of tea - tea with milk, tea with honey, fruit tea and as aforementioned Jasmine tea! You'd need a new machine for it, not the keg, since this would mean mixing different items together. Maybe something crazy like slime tea and fish tea would be in the mix as well xD

Sent fra min SM-G935F via Tapatalk

• Skinflint

Skinflint Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If we do get tofu, I'd want it the traditional native way which requires months of fermentation IRL, so maybe like a week in-game, to neutralize its anti-nutrients.