New Idea for Ingredients/Fridge

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Steelizard, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Steelizard

Steelizard Space Hobo

I was thinking about some ingredients and why it is you have to buy them from the store instead of making them. For example: Rice can be grown just like any other crop, why not make it its own crop? Also sugar: they generally make that from sugar cane, another plant, am I right?
    Then I considered vinegar and realized there's no realistic way to implement a process to create vinegar. But just then I remembered something I once heard about wine turning to vinegar when it goes bad... sooooooo what if our friendly developed implemented a spoiling function for wine over the course of time when you don't store it correctly? So he could also make the fridge a craftable item that you would store wine in; but why stop there?
    What if we also had a system where any perishable crop or food that isn't stored correctly-like in a fridge- will spoil over time, say a week for something like milk or eggs, or a month or more for wines, jams, or forageables?
    Just an idea....

StardewSinger likes this.
    • StardewSinger

StardewSinger Master Chief

This is a wonderful idea! I'd love to see quite a few of these ideas in the game!

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

other than fridge spoilage i really like that! (my grange display would be nothing but parsnips and carp if my good stuff all spoiled early)

sounique8 likes this.