New games and marriage

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MagicallyClueless, Sep 9, 2017.

1. MagicallyClueless

MagicallyClueless Master Astronaut

So, because I'm a loser, I marry Sebastian in every new playthrough I get. I can't help it. I just feel really bad if I marry anyone else.

I know people do all sorts of different things in new games, so, what is your goal relationship wise? Do you wanna try everybody or stick to one or a couple people? Do you wanna go marriageless? Let's discuss!

Reddestiny921 and Roskii Heiral like this.
    • ChaosAzeroth

ChaosAzeroth Existential Complex

Most files are currently single but possibly changing. One isn't ever getting married due to lack of ability to mod and none of the candidates being 'correct'. I have different files to have the different farms and more do what I feel like, but I've had the worst luck with spouses so they kinda bore me tbh. They never do anything, and since they're not real I don't have the patience for that. My luck has them only a step above the RF1 spouses... And kids are barely any better than the kid in that too, the only thing being they get bigger and run around. Kids are just...

• Feathered Sparks

Feathered Sparks Big Damn Hero

Technically I've only married one person so far, but that's because I tend to play SDV in bursts and haven't actually reached marriage point in any save other than my first yet :rofl: I married Sam in that first one, and kind of consider him my spouse of choice, but I also wanted to explore at least some of the other romance options as well. The way I'm going about it is, the original save file is what I consider my "main" farmer, and in addition to that save I'll probably end up replaying that farmer as a general "reboot" and/or in multiplayer when that comes out, and marry Sam again any time I play as her. Otherwise, I make up new characters for new saves and pretty much roleplay as that character, including romancing different people. The farmer I'm focusing on right now is just about to start dating Penny, and I've got another farmer who will end up with Elliot. There are others I hope to get to as well, buuut those are the ones I'm working on so far :3 (Probably won't get around to all of the marriage candidates though, especially considering how slowly I'm going about it ahaha)

Although every time I play one of those other saves and run into Sam a part of me is like ~hello there~ and I have to force myself not to shove random flowers and Joja Colas in his face hahaha whoops

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

Marrying Sebastian doesn't make you a loser, it makes you awesome. Just sayin. :nod:

So far I've picked him on 3 out of my 5 playthroughs. I did one save where I married Shane and on my current one I'm going to go for Sam. However, I alternate characters so the same character always gets paired up with Seb, and the other character gets to experiment a little. lol I admit though that when I went for Shane it felt really weird, like I was cheating on Seb. lol

I'm also trying something new in this save where I'm going to actually date ALL the singles and get their 10-heart events before I settle down. I've never experienced them all on my own, only seen in LP's, so I want to be able to say I at least witnessed them with my own character once. This OC is a bit of a flirt anyway so it's not a total stretch that she would do that.

I'm going to go for Leah on my next one, but after that, probably right back to Seb. We can't help it, it's that black magic he pulls on us. <3

• Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

I marry a new person on a new save. Wanna get through them all one day :)
            I have married Sebastian twice though, first time on my first save before the marriage update and then again once after the update.

MagicallyClueless likes this.
            • Jerev

Jerev Pangalactic Porcupine

Hmm on my playthroughs I married:
              - Abigail
              - Haley
              - Penny
              - Leah
              - Haley ... later divorced and married Abigail instead
              - Haley
              So I tried everyone but Maru and Emily. Currently Haley and Abigail are my favourites while Maru and Emily are friendzoned. I view Penny as the most unromantic spouse, because to me it seems like she just uses you as a way out of the trailer. As evidence I would point to Vincents line concerning Sam on her eight heart event.

Edit: to answer the initial question: I usually decide who I want to marry when I start a new game. A farm is regularly abandoned during year three.

• Seismothesaurus

Seismothesaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm only really interested in four of the singles: Shane, Abby, Leah, and Seb (in that order). I've married Shane and Abby so far. I generally have themes for my farms and try to include the intended spouse in that theme to some extent. I don't know if I'm going to upgrade the farmhouse to the point of having kids (or birds in my case) from here on out if I'm not planning on using the cellar. I guess it depends on how long each save holds my attention. I did the Joja achievement run and didn't marry anybody because I finished it in year 1 and basically retired it, but I did give the bouquet to Shane because he's my One True Husbando and I can't stand to see him suffer.

Not sure what I'm going to do if I want to make a new save after marrying those four. I'd probably go for Shane again and do a chicken theme. Or maybe I'll go for one of the singles I don't have any interest in yet--who knows?

• wronghandle

wronghandle Star Wrangler

I had a monogamous marriage with Leah. Then I married Harvey and had a ton of boyfriends and girlfriends on the side (aka, The Cut Scene Collection).

I've been single for a couple of saves. Whenever I think about getting married again, I think about it in terms of the spouse rooms. At one point I intended to marry Maru because I super want a robot in the farmhouse. Then I realized her spouse room has no desk, and no way am I forcing my wife to work with her monitor on the floor. I'm not a fan of Abigail, but sometimes I think it would be fun to have a guinea pig in the house. Penny's room feels like it's intended to be shared space, so I may woo her next.

Sidebar: I like that Elliott brings his own supply of firewood, but what's with the barrels?

• Powerwing Amber

Powerwing Amber Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I haven't married anyone yet, I'm saving that for last. This is because I'm having trouble deciding on one, aaaand I'm messy and I don't feel like cleaning up all my crap in the floor. I mean, there's an easy walkway for me, but I don't want to organize a special path for a hubby and then have him complain about never cleaning up. No, I'm busy all day, hubby! YOU clean it. :pfff:

That and the so-called nursery no longer exists. It's currently part of my big brewery. Heh heh...

• Rauchschwalbe

Rauchschwalbe Cosmic Narwhal

I married Seb in my very first file - and regreted it so much. He was standing half of the time in front of his "vase" and talking nonsense. And told me to make lots of money. Yeah.
                      In all my other files I am still single (have one for every farm layout). But I plan on marrying different bachelors. But everytime I get close to it, I prefer to be single a bit longer, because somehow nearly all of them have something about them which makes me want to run away screaming. Except for Elliott. I can accept his flowerly language and now I have a portrait mod which uses one of his old portraits - proving that the other half of his face isn't some sort of killer mask.

• LuthienNightwolf

I'm always amused by the different things people are bugged by with each potential spouse. lol What one person can absolutely love about a character, another can find it completely off-putting. Its interesting!

• Seismothesaurus

Seismothesaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That's Seb's smoking for me. So many people say it's a total dealbreaker and I'm over here like, "fine by me... and feel free to bring your 'vase' with you."

• LuthienNightwolf

I hate smoking but he quits later so I kinda just deal for a couple seasons. Can't smell virtual cigarette smoke. lol

• Charity322

Charity322 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think I'll only do kids once due to their total boringness. So far I've married Elliott and had kids and married Abigail and never upgraded the farmhouse, so she won't ask for kids. :rofl:

• MagicallyClueless

MagicallyClueless Master Astronaut

i hate smoking too and that was the literal 1 issue i had with sebastian so i was really happy that he quit

Roskii Heiral likes this.
                                • Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

I'm boring. I always go for Emily. Don't even really get the other villagers to very many hearts let alone the other marriage potentials.

Sadly she and I have less in common now that my hair is no longer blue.

• Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

Put in a good word to his sister for me =d

• LuthienNightwolf

I just turned mine into Junimo. That way they at least look cute while standing around the house doing nothing. >u<

Jerev likes this.
                                      • musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

When I get around to it, it's always Abby, Leah, or Emily. Abby so she's free to be herself and not worry about what other people think, Leah and Emily for their attitudes. I think Haley is too shallow at first, Maru I tend to view more as "good friend", and Penny's just too boring for me. Don't view any of the bachelors in a dating way (no M/M pairing for me!) but out of them Elliot and Sam hold the most interest to me. Sam because he's openly friendly to you, and I can SO relate to the allergy problem! I like that Elliot is friendly, given how he looks kind of like a Fabio wannabe I excepted him initially to be all arrogant and above everyone. No, that trait went to Alex instead, making him a "NO" for me. Shane's nastiness when you first meet him, combined with his alcohol addiction, is a NO. Harvey's nice enough, he just seems to be too "meh" for me. Seb is too emo and withdrawn for me.

• tophatsaur

tophatsaur Orbital Explorer

I have only had one playthrough so far. I chose Harvey, but then I decided to make friends with Sebastian. Little did I know that the end goal with every character in this game is some sort of relationship, so imagine my shock when I, a married man, ended up overlooking a city as Sebastian kisses me. I didn't even get a choice, he just went out and did it. So now my character apparently is cheating on poor Harvey with the much younger Sebastian. Sigh. I've accepted that, if I want every cutscene, I'm going to have to have many gay affairs. Elliot is next on the list.