New Crops and Recipes

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Bonster42, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Bonster42

Bonster42 Void-Bound Voyager

I've created two new mods - one for crops and one for recipes. The recipes mod uses crops from my crop mod.

Bonster's Crops (https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/3438)
    * Blackcurrant (summer/year 2): a complex summer fruit, sweet, tart and earthy
    * Blue Corn (summer and fall/year 1): a traditional flour corn variety
    * Cardamom (summer/year 1): the third most expensive spice in the world, enjoyed in cuisines ranging from Indian curry to Scandinavian flatbreads
    * Cranberry Beans (spring/year 2): also known as borlotti beans, these beans are tender, floury and very colorful.
    * Maypop (summer/year 2): a hardy passion fruit that grows where most passion flowers dare not grow, and tastes great, too!
    * Peppercorn (summer and fall/year 1): the classic seasoning that might make you sneeze. Harvests in a nice pepper grinder for freshness.
    * Red Currant (Spring/year 2)
    * Rose Hips (summer/year 1): tart and tangy, and filled with vitamin C, this fruit packs a healthy punch.
    * Roselle Hibiscus (summer/year 2): also known as sorrel or Jamaican hibiscus, these plants are grown for spicy leaves and tart fruit more than flowers.
    * Summer Squash (summer/year 1): harvested when the rind is still tender and edible, these squash don't keep well.
    * Taro (summer or fall/year 2): A staple throughout the tropics, these root vegetables must be soaked or cooked before eating.
    * White Currant (fall/year 2): a cultivar of the red currant, these berries are the sweetest and mildest in their family.

Trees:
    * Clove (fall): an evergreen tree that produces powerfully flavored little flower buds, which have both medicinal and culinary uses.
    * Date (summer): an emblem of the tropics, the date is one of the oldest cultivated fruits.
    *Pandan (spring): every part of this plant is used, including its aromatic, grassy leaves, fatty nuts, flavorful fruit and fibrous trunk. Aerial roots help support the trunk.

Bonster's Recipes (https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/3468)
    This mod uses both basic crops installed with the game and crops from the Bonster's Crops mod. These recipes are:

* Apricot in Cardamom Syrup
    * Black Forest Pudding
    * Blackcurrant Squash
    * Blue Corn Pancake
    * Cardamom Bread
    * Charred Squash
    * Conkies
    * Crimson Tea
    * Dadar Kulung (Pandan-Coconut Crepes)
    * Harvest Jam
    * Hedgerow Jam
    * Hibiscus Sugar Cookie
    * Maypop Ice Cream
    * Maypop Sugar Cookie
    * Pandan Chiffon Cake
    * Pfeffernusse
    * Refried Cranberry Beans
    * Rose Hip Chutney
    * Spiced Currant Crumble
    * Succotash
    * Taro Swirl Mooncake

I'm not sure how to add images or I would show them!

Note that if you downloaded Bonster's Crops before yesterday, there was a coding error which messed up the shops and kept it from showing all the seeds. Just erase the recipe file from your mods folder and download the current copy, and all will be well. I apologize for anyone confused by this!

Future plans:

* I'm working on a chestnut tree at the moment
    * Future crops: garbanzo beans, sesame, strawberry guava, lingonberry, acerola, brown cherry tomato and nasturtium
    * Future trees: Japanese plum, pawpaw, quince, stone pine (product: pine nuts)
    * Additional recipes including taro fritters, cardamom apple fritters, roselle tart, nasi lemak and taro ice cream

Are there crops people are really interested in seeing that are not covered by current mods? If so, I'd like to know!

• LittleSparrow1008

LittleSparrow1008 Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you Bonster! I was going to add Quince tree but I see it's in your future trees. Fig tree would be nice, it's one of my fav fruits, and you could use it with other fruits in say... a crumble or sponge cake.