New content to possibly be added HYPE

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MagicallyClueless, Nov 14, 2017.

1. MagicallyClueless

MagicallyClueless Master Astronaut

hopefully with the log cabins, you can expand those and have a nice house like the main player. also, marriage. *sweats*

• LadySurly

LadySurly Void-Bound Voyager

Things I'd like the boat to be: ferry to another area (my most hoped for item but suspect least likely), more cutscenes with non romancible characters, date night with your partner, house boat, new trader like the travelling cart?

MagicallyClueless likes this.
      • Tamriel_Bound

Tamriel_Bound Void-Bound Voyager

My hopes for the boat revolve around a new tropical island area. I like the idea of new forageables, new NPCs (maybe add another small town/village), new quests, new fish, and new crops. And maybe like a small plot of land where only these new tropical crops can grow? Unless you have the greenhouse of course.

• Stryder87

Stryder87 Giant Laser Beams

I can only imaging CA reading this thinking, "Oh crap! These people are going to be so disappointed when they find out the boat is strictly decoration!"
          :avalilol:

• NexusAlpha

NexusAlpha Void-Bound Voyager

You wake up to find another cryptic message from Mr. Qi. He wants you to deliver 3 of the hardest things to find (look up Mohs scale of hardness) to the mysterious stranger by where the fish guy lives at midnight. Being the good Stardew citizen you are, you accept the quest without question and grab 3 diamonds ready to what you hope will be another epic journey, You arrive at the beach dead on midnight, and find the referenced boat CA has teased with a mysterious stranger standing in the shadows. As you run towards the boat you hope that the similarities between the boat and the Mayor's shorts are simply that...a similarity.

You approach the mysterious stranger and attempt to talk to him, but he says nothing. You hand him the 3 diamonds and he then turns to you and says "Oh, you are the guy/girl/llama... I see". He then takes the diamonds and walks over to his boat and appears to disappear into it. As curious as a cat you walk over to the boat and inspect it, and just as the saying goes 2 other dark figures appear out of nowhere and run up behind you...Darkness fills the screen...and the game saves.

You wake up in dilapidated room, no windows, no TV, no musical crystal...just the fantastic pixel art CA put on the walls. The door unlocks and the mysterious stranger walks in with 2 other dark figures and says "This is what happens when you eat special dishes to help you win on Mr. Qi's poker machine!" and then drags you out of the room by force into a cold dark mine shaft, surrounded by nameless NPCs who only have one line of dialogue.

You are forced into slave labor mining ore and stone, which you presume is for the war effort. Days pass as you worry about your farm and if your spouse has even noticed you aren't there anymore. Weeks pass, and you realize Abigail finally won the egg hunt competition. 2 seasons pass, your mining skill over 9000, and you decide it is time to escape and return to Stardew Valley. You decide to hide in one of the crates under a pile of rocks, hoping no one checks it. Your plan works, and the crate is loaded back onto the boat that reminds you of the Mayor's shorts and off to sea. A new adventure awaits you as the box gets unloaded at a wharf, but it is dark and you cannot tell where you have ended up. You can hear a conversation between the mysterious stranger and 2 other people, but too far away to make out what they are saying...too dark to make out through the small crack in the side of the crate. After a while they part ways and the boat sails off, you hear footsteps approaching the crate you are in and prepare to fight your way to freedom.

The lid of the crate opens and someone starts grabbing the rocks, and then a torch shines in your eyes for a moment blinding you...

"<Insert character name>! Is that you?" says Robin.

Your eyes finally adjust to the light, and there you see Robin standing over you, with Clint behind her.

You pass out...and awaken in the hospital. You lay there trying to make sense of the last 2 seasons, wondering if the Robin and Client know the Stone and Ore is mined using NPC slave labor....the same material you may have built half your farm with...

A smile comes across your face, and you lay back...knowing one thing is certain.

You missed the Flower Festival.

• Ichimatsu

Ichimatsu Pangalactic Porcupine

Must be endgame content (most purple things are endgame). I venture to say it's a way to get to the "lonely Stone" :catbigeyes:

• Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

I just assumed the boat was purple because it's nighttime, but looking at the surroundings I guess it's not night. The boat does look rather nighttime-ish, though, all shrouded in darkness and starry looking. It's like a boat that takes you to dreamland!
                I do wonder what it's gonna be used for, looking at what it's loaded with (barrels and packages) I'm guessing it's a type of merchant. But who knows, I'm very curious!

MagicallyClueless likes this.
                • MagicallyClueless

MagicallyClueless Master Astronaut

maybe the real boat was the friends we made along the way