New Characters? Maybe..? Pls D:

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ThitPoulsen, May 16, 2016.

1. ThitPoulsen

ThitPoulsen Subatomic Cosmonaut

Could we eventually get some older single people in the game? like maybe unlock a new region or something where a few people could live incl. maybe a new family so its not just a "bachelor wing" of the map.

i really feel like a the bachelors are EXTREMELY young-looking and acting. they're like overgrown very stereotypical teenagers. The guys offer me absolutely nothing whatsoever. im currently waiting for shane to become single. Harvey is the only other person i would consider.

The girls are good, i dont mind them at all. (.. except Haley. I wish she would fall in the ocean and never return.. i litteraly roll my eyes @ her shallow as hell dialog. but each to their own i suppose c: )

Im only 23 and i find the guys to be way too young. the only mature one is harvey. i turned lesbian with leah in my old game and she was a blessing, but the guys are just annoying. Sam would be great if it wasnt for his awful hair. everyone else has normal hair, why does he walk around with Goku-esque hair? i mean come on x.x it makes me so sad.

• MoonlitBrenya

MoonlitBrenya Existential Complex

Elliot isn't so bad, imo, but overall I have to agree. All the other guys made me fee like a pedophile. I'm 43 irl (waits for the jokes), so yeah, feels weird dating kids. I'm with you, waiting on Shane, anxiously, lol. Kent would be alright, too bad he's already married.

• ThitPoulsen

Well its true Elliot isnt so bad but, he and i wear the same hair and i would just feel so weird about that + hes way too fancy for my liking. i like someone more chill and relaxed. But yeah, i feel like i would be dating kids if i married any of the guys except harvey (of the ones currently available). None of them are ready to enter a marriage, much less having kids. i think itd be cool if they made clint, gus and lewis available too since all age rages play this game

Also, i have to ask, is your profile pic from IMVU? <.< It seems familiar to me

lilly_ampleton likes this.
        • Rauchschwalbe

Rauchschwalbe Cosmic Narwhal

They are meant to be around 20-23 (correct me if I'm wrong).
          I think they're ok. It is strange for people this age to live with their parents but on the other hand I know that there are quite a few from my former home village who are doing the same. Mostly because there aren't any flats to hire there and they don't want to leave the village.

• lilly_ampleton

lilly_ampleton Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah the thought of having such a young husband also would've made me feel weird. I mean having kids with Sebastian or Sam when they are so young feels like grounding them for a lifetime before they ever had a chance to live on their own. Sam just left his own mom and now his own wife is turning into one.
            I really wish the bachelors were older. That's why I married my first farmer to Harvey and I will marry my latest addition to Shane. Oh and I also have a farmer married to Clint, because of this heaven-sent mod from Siv. I really wish he would be available too, for real.

• Megzzzx

Megzzzx Void-Bound Voyager

I think they are fine. I don't worry too much about the age thing since it is a game and all. But there is Harvey and Elliot who are older and more independent. And I'm sorry but I have to defend Sam's Saiyan hair because it is awesome! I almost married him purely for his hair!!!

Reddestiny921 and lilly_ampleton like this.
              • MagicallyClueless

MagicallyClueless Master Astronaut

yes hello i am 20 and live with my parents because money doesn't grow on trees and i have an education to worry about ( < in reference to people in their 20s still living with their parents, I am probably not leaving my parents' house until i'm entering my mid 20s and that's if i'm lucky honestly)

i will also say that all the bachelors (and bachelorettes, but i personally know more about the bachelors) have a lot of depth and development when you get past the initial dialogue. everyone has different types and preferences tho so there's nothing wrong with wanting older bachelors at all. Harvey and Elliot are probably the oldest, Sebastian is in the middle, and Alex and Sam are probably the youngest. Those are guesses though.

I guess I'm talking out of my butt since I'm probably younger than all the bachelors, hahaha. But, I never got the impression they were so young that it bothered me

edit: oh yes and shane and emily are gonna be marriage candidates and both of them seem significantly older than most of the current marriage candidates, so CA is def listening

Last edited: May 16, 2016
                • lilly_ampleton

Sry Magic, my comment on the bachelors being too young was not meant to be an insult on those who still live at home. I'm only 24 myself and I left home with 21, only to directly move in with my husband (at that time my fiance). And if I hadn't been with him at that time I would still be living @ home. Simply because I hate being alone and living with my parents was great most of the time. I too need to pay for my education and if it weren't for my husband paying the bills I'd probably have to move back in with my parents ;)
                  To me it just feels a little too rushed having kids with Sam. I just feel like he wouldn't be ready for it. I mean..he should't give up on his band and skateboarding just yet. Marrying I personally think does not depend on any age. I got married with 22. But most people didn't approve of that. They all assumed I was pregnant and had to get married, which I definitely wasn't.
                  I guess in the end it is just my interest in older guys that has me thinking that most bachelors are too young. ;)

Gabaw likes this.
                  • MagicallyClueless

MagicallyClueless Master Astronaut

oh lol, don't worry i wasn't offended at all, so i apologize if i came across as harsh.

i just see people bring this point up a lot and i feel like most people don't realize it is EXTREMELY common in some areas, especially rural areas. most of the people i know who live in my town (who are my age and older) do live with their parents for this very reason. i guess it is more of a cultural/regional thing since it's never something i saw as strange or "too young". i mean, yes, no one wants to be 30 and still living with their parents, but one shouldn't be expected to leave and suddenly develop a home and a car as soon as they graduate high school either. movies tend to make a stigma around things like that, which is why i think it even crosses people's radars. for the most part, the bachelors and bachelorettes that live with their parents make sense. it's a very small town and some of them try to work with what they can (abigail's online classes, sebastian's freelance job)

so yeah the only way i could see someone in my position out of their parents' house is if they got married xP

• Megzzzx

Megzzzx Void-Bound Voyager

It is just a huge thing in many cultures that children stay live with their parents until they get married. In some cultures the new spouse just moves in with the family and everyone lives and works together to take care of the house because it is cheaper that way. I think many people take for granted the fact that most of us live in countries where you have the ability to have your own place and own car. There are so many places where that seems silly and illogical. So really is all about perspective.

Gabaw, Kes, Reddestiny921 and 2 others like this.
                      • NikkSword

NikkSword Pangalactic Porcupine

Like I put forth in a previous post, I think you should be able to choose the older married candidates. I think if I get 10 hearts with a married person (or 8 hearts, and offer the bouquet, which is accepted, then get to 10 hearts)

I personally feel there are issues with Pierre and Caroline, and I don't like Pierre much anyway, plus I like Caroline.
                        Same with Robin (I like Demetrius but I think they are just not right for each other. Plus this is Robin's second marriage)
                        And Jodi (I know her husband is off in the Army for Year 1 and I don't condone trying to move in on an army guys wife while he is fighting for his country. Just an option, when he gets back I think he needs some time to adjust and be by himself)
                        And Pam (She is interesting and could maybe be fun to be with)
                        And Marnie (Poor Lewis, but still!)

And also make Linus and Sandy and Lewis and maybe the Wizard available

elebuu, Gabaw and lilly_ampleton like this.
                        • lilly_ampleton

In that case I can only recommend checking out Siv's marriage mod. Thanks to that my farmer is now happily married to Clint.

ThitPoulsen and NikkSword like this.
                          • ThitPoulsen

Oh i have 0 problems with them living at home, i realize a lot of people do that til their mid-20s or so and i think for a lot of people its the smarter choice. ive lived on my own since shortly after i turned 18 and it lead to years and years of being broke and i still am, though now for health reasons as im currently unable to work x.x. When i say i think theyre overgrown stereotypical teenagers i dont mean living at home being a part of that. i mean that they look like teenagers but slightly older than actual teenagers so maybe 22 or so which is fine, but they overall both look and behave very young for my tastes. i turn 24 in july and i would rather date a 27-30 yo dude than a 22 yo kid. and while im only 2 years older than them, i understand that may sound slightly hypocritical, though maybe thats because ive lived by myself since i was 18 and stepped into adulthood much sooner than them, like jodi says, shes never even given sam chores.

living at home is not the issue. idc about that. i care how they behave and look.

Also, i totally agree with @NikkSword, they should make everyone available, but maybe stay off jodi and kent since hes fighting for his country and all, i cant condone moving in on that either, they also seem like the tightest family. robin, demetrious, maru and sebastian is a good family too though

I just wish we had more to choose from, the girls, except haley, all seem to be mature and strong, also most while living at home, but they dont behave like kids.

NikkSword and lilly_ampleton like this.
                            • ThitPoulsen

I did check out the marriage mod and i was gonna get it until i read the known bugs, it clashes with one of my mods and it says itll probably crash my game D: so i cant do it cuz i dont wanna give up my other mod, i use it all the time

• lilly_ampleton

I would still be very much interested in marrying Gunther. And lots of people seem to be interested in Marlon, too.
                                But sadly I doubt anyone but CA can add them. Since they are non-giftable NPCs and they don't show up on the social tab. They'd require some serious modding skills, I guess.
                                Those two would be older and have lots of life experience. Sounds quite appealing, right? ;)

NikkSword likes this.
                                • NikkSword

NikkSword Pangalactic Porcupine

Gunther maybe? He has cool shades and a nice hat. But that would depend on him, and because you can't give him gifts and all he does is take artifacts, it would depend on his personality- so he would need to be able to be gifted, and to have scenes and to have dialog with you.

Marlon not so much. I would like to know his story, but I think he's too interested in Adventuring to settle down. And he might secretly already be married to or interested in Gil

• Reddestiny921

Reddestiny921 Pangalactic Porcupine

I wouldn't mind Gunther or Ras being added in but by perspective looking young doesn't mean much, I know according to some that feel the need to comment in stores and what not that I look like I could be my husband's child and he's not even thirty yet while I'm only four years younger. I would assume they've taken decent care of themselves, as for personality the town isn't filled with cookie cutter characters that have it all together like some games where they only have minor annoyances. It's more realistic that way I would think we can all be immature, though some still making music with band, or skateboarding can make a decent living with the right agent and enough work that doesn't really mean they're young teenagers. It's a little odd that they would be seen like that, as I said yes it's perspective but teenagers aren't the only immature individuals and adults can have the same issues they can.

I don't know about everyone being available it's nice that you can't turn the whole town into a harem heh it's also variety but I still think being able to break up the older married couples could be good, I don't really care about Pierre I still don't know what he's hiding, but Dem and Kent could do with a change and Robin and Jodi aren't too bad. Jodi is not much of a mother with her constant complaints as if she rushed it and hasn't let it go, being bitter is no good for a long term relationship with kids, Sam isn't so bad Jodi raised him most of his life and comments that she wanted them to enjoy their youth so they haven't had to do chores. meh, just my thoughts on it.

Haley of course...meeeeeh still :)

• ThitPoulsen

@Reddestiny921 i agree its not just teenagers who are in a band and skateboard etc but its just the vibe when you put everything together, for me at least, they seem more like overgrown teenagers. they dont have a lot of "adult-like" dialog, and they CERTAINLY dont look like adults. i get what you said but sam has goku-ish hair. wtf is that? and Alex wears a jock high school looking jacket. ik its some peoples preference etc but even Vincents hair looks more "normal" than sams damn hair. i cant honestly take him seriously with it. i think its cool they wanna cater to as many as they can but when the selection is so limited its rather annoying and it leaves me thinking oh well i guess ill marry whoever i happen to get hearts with. its annoying. i cannot wait for shane to become available. and then hopefully i can find a mod to fix his holed ass clothes.

.. needless to say im less than pleased with the male selection. the female selection is great tho. someone for everyone. but the guys suck.

Avarwen and Reddestiny921 like this.
                                      • Kes

Kes Void-Bound Voyager

In real life, most women tend to date their own age and up, and men tend to date their own age and down, at least in my experience. This may relate to the issue that a lot of older female gamers have with the apparent immaturity of some of the male marriage candidates, especially if you're playing a straight avatar MC (as opposed to RPing a younger character). It's a mix of cultural expectaions and biology, I think.

My thing with Sam in particular, though... There was a moment when I thought my female MC would marry him, and then I hit his ten heart scene. How do I say this without spoiling anything? Sam has this running theme of hiding things from his mother that the other bachelors don't have, and it really made me feel like I was dating someone a lot younger than 20-23.

• ThitPoulsen

Well that is very true @women usually dating older and men dating younger. i feel like women mature a lot earlier, for several reasons, but even so, i know a lot of male 20 year olds who both look and behave much older than the majority if the bachelors. (irl that is). hense why i call these bachelors stereotypical. its what you see in movies and cartoons. while the female selection seems more adult and mature and you could argue how each of them could be fit for marriage. You cant do the same for the guys. its inconsistent and i dont like how its so vastly different from gender to gender. ill probably end up waiting for shane in my current game just because i cant stand how young the rest are. but it would be lovely if we had some new faces that were around elliots, harveys and shanes ages. elliott is way too extreme for me, harvey seems sliiightly on the boring side though very adorkable, and shane is an all around winner for me. one you get to know him hes really nice and he loves animals etc. hes just dismissive at first.