1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

New bug in iOS update 1.13

Discussion in 'Support' started by Awynne, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Awynne

Awynne Poptop Tamer

now I can’t Interact with anyone it glitches and I spin around. I also cannot plant any seeds. there is a new bug in this update please fix. its very frustrating!!

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
    • Tenjin

Tenjin Space Hobo

I can confirm. When using “tap to move”, your character approaches the object in question and spins in circles. Additionally, you can’t interact with things like farm animals or your spouse.

• ThunderPuppy42

ThunderPuppy42 Intergalactic Tourist

Exactly the same thing happened to me. Can not interact with spouse. Character just spins. Tap to move seems to be be clicking boxes between grid squares instead of on them. Broke the game for me. FDZS7624 (1).gif

• Baraka13

Baraka13 Seal Broken

Same here, erratic tapping on the screen and cannot plant seeds. I’ll just wait for the fix so I won’t waste days of “work” on the farm.

sedonablanar and Kenzie1615 like this.
          • Jrowe0311

Jrowe0311 Space Hobo

I also just started having this problem after this update that was just done. I wish I could uninstall the last update :( Sometimes if I go around in different directions or give a present then it will work but it takes forever.

• porgie

porgie Poptop Tamer

Same here. Game also crashes every time I get a hit when fishing.

Lindsayvk likes this.
              • Allention

Allention Space Hobo

Yup! I came here wondering if it was my phone somehow. Glad to know I’m not the only one with this issue.

Is the current work around to use invisible joystick and buttons?

• Kenzie1615

Kenzie1615 Space Hobo

Same here. I can’t place seeds or interact with NPCs. For some reason I can only interact with half my animals?

• Ttiger75

Ttiger75 Space Hobo

Same here. The calibration for the auto cursor seems to be misaligned. I’ll try to upload a screenshot. It happened for me during change from spring to summer when I tried talk to a walking villager.

Attached Files:

• Lokionome

Lokionome Space Hobo

Can confirm the bug too. Because of it I can’t talk to any npc or make mayo or cheese.

• Shellilj

Shellilj Space Hobo

Same here for all the above issues. Is there any way to undo this update until the issue is fixed?

Lokionome likes this.
                        • Jrowe0311

Jrowe0311 Space Hobo

I can confirm using the invisible joystick plus two buttons does allow you to plant seeds any further then that I am not sure if this helps with any other issues but you can plant with this on. Just know to press on of the invisible buttons towards the right to I guess confirm placement?

• echoesofriss

echoesofriss Space Hobo

Here as well. I thought maybe my file was corrupt but its across all my saves. The biggest problem is that the cursor is misaligned so half the time I can't click on what I'm trying for. I also can't interact with about half the items on my farm - invisible joystick or normal touch.

• AEon7

AEon7 Space Hobo

Here as well, and on spring 1, can’t put down fertilizer or plant seeds.

• Jamist

Jamist Space Hobo

Confirming I see the same problems as above - twitchy character can’t interact with others, and getting a hit when fishing crashes the game. Running latest version of IOS on an iPad Pro.

Thanks,

Jim D.

• AstralDarkstar

AstralDarkstar Intergalactic Tourist

Can confirm that getting a HIT! while fishing does indeed crash the game...

Edit: So maybe this only happened to me, but on the day of the update, I had to click update twice that day. Maybe my phone stopped and didn't download it the first time.

I was certain there were two updates within hours of each other. But the version history doesn't say so...

Edit 2: Actually I'm more certain about the update happening twice cause I remember reading the update description claiming to fix an issue with iPhone X. I scrolled through and none of the updates mention what I've recently read.

So could they have sent two updates, a glitchy update and a fixed update? The fixed update was accidentally uploaded first and the glitchy update replaced it?

• Lindsayvk

Lindsayvk Space Hobo

Same thing happening to me

• Jrowe0311

Jrowe0311 Space Hobo

I know the 1.12 was done then this 1.13 good theory because my 1.12 worked just fine that’s prolly exactly what happened. The work around for planting seeds is really not even a work around because sometimes the joysticks don’t show up and you are just tapping around hoping to hit it and then when they do show up they are all over even if you move placement. I really hope that they fix this soon because it’s pretty frustrating and I really would like to continue on with my game.

• Bulma

Bulma Space Hobo

I don’t think a “glitchy update” can replace a “fixed update” for the same issue. More like they fixed somethings in both updates, but unfortunately in the most recent update, while they fixed one thing, it broke a bunch of other stuff.

I could be wrong. Personally I’ve never encountered this problem before until yesterday’s update. :/

AstralDarkstar likes this.
                                        • mferrier

mferrier Space Hobo

same, it looks like the tile grid is misaligned with the graphics. Tapping somewhere shows a green box that’s positioned between two tiles.

1.13 is unplayable