Network of Starbound Fanfiction Writers

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by SB Fanfiction Network, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Well, we could always pick something less used, like Hanukkah, or just try to twist the theme in a new way. Or, what if the other races had a similar holiday to Christmas? How would it be similar? How would it be different?

Zebe likes this.
  2. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

So... The psychotic lizard has finally arrived!

What do I do now?

The Squid, Alkanthe and Zebe like this.
  3. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

I guess just winter holidays would be a good general theme in this case. There was a contest similar to this idea way back in 2012, so maybe it could be a good time for a new round. I'm just hoping it won't seem like a complete ripoff...

Be cool.

wait that was the requirement to get in

Stay cool.

The Squid and Alkanthe like this.
  4. Tatterdemalion

Tatterdemalion Phantasmal Quasar

I say that, as this is the first run of the contest, let's not go themed for this one and see how it goes. If we do a theme, I'd make it even more general and just go 'holiday/celebrations' of the Starbound species.

Zebe, The Squid and Alkanthe like this.
  5. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

I agree with this. If we have a theme, it should have something to do with the holidays.

Zebe, Tatterdemalion and Alkanthe like this.
  6. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

Gotta delay that contest start until tomorrow. I've done hard work procrastinating, so I've got other stuff to finish first...
    Any final thoughts?

7. jpmrocks

jpmrocks Phantasmal Quasar

I wrote my Starbound Carol story last year, I thought it turned out pretty alright .

Zebe, The Squid and Alkanthe like this.
  8. AliasPseudonym

AliasPseudonym Big Damn Hero

Hey, just a quick question; I was invited, can I just join in or do I have to fill out a fancy admission form?

Zebe and The Squid like this.
  9. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

I think you still need to fill out the form. It's so we can see what writing you've done, is all, and then it gets turned into free advertising.

Zebe likes this.
  10. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

Starting to make that contest thread. Should be done "soon"-ish.

You're kinda "in" already, but we need something to put something into that main post. So yep, fill it and it'll be added in.

Tatterdemalion and Alkanthe like this.
  11. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

12. Sir Wilfrey

Sir Wilfrey Spaceman Spiff

*Peeks in shyly* Ehmm.... scuse' me lads n' lasses, might I interest you all in a sampler plot for what I'd care to beseech thee all with, but for all the sake of kinsmanship?

The Squid, Zebe and Tatterdemalion like this.
  13. AliasPseudonym

AliasPseudonym Big Damn Hero

Well, here it is. Looks a little sparse... I'll have to post my other stories (after I make them readable, of course)

Author name: Alias Pseudonym
    Description: I haven't written much, mostly due to the fact that I keep changing my mind about what it is I want to write. What I do write (when I manage to) is usually fantasy or science fiction. I haven't pulled through with many projects, so if I ever find something I'm really enthusiastic about, I might disappear for a while just to get it done. Don't worry, I'm probably not dead. Probably.
    Works: Only current work is Sound Bedlam (http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/sound-bedlam.101492/#post-2673983) but I am writing more (other) things as well.
    Other information: I also write non-Starbound stories, but none of it is anywhere on the internet (yet). I am on Wattpad (going by the same name), which I recommend as a sharing platform for creative writing and a great place to read the works of other aspiring authors.

14. The Alonne

The Alonne Ketchup Robot

Le sp00ky. (Hello~)

15. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

1024spooky2048me. (What's up~)

The Alonne and Alkanthe like this.
  16. The Alonne

The Alonne Ketchup Robot

Nothin' much, just checking out the writer's thread.

Zebe likes this.
  17. hey everyone... thought i'd pop in here and say that, while i haven't written any starbound fanfiction myself, i'd be happy to help if any of you need something proofread...
    other than that, keep doing what you're doing...

18. Tatterdemalion

Tatterdemalion Phantasmal Quasar

So, does anyone listen to music when they write?

Alkanthe likes this.
  19. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

I always listen to music.

Tatterdemalion likes this.
  20. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Same here.

Tatterdemalion and Alkanthe like this.