Race Nekos (cat people) as a playable race

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Zachery Lorincz, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Atlus

Atlus Big Damn Hero

It's Mesoamerican. o_O

Nazja likes this.
  2. NiosDark

NiosDark Big Damn Hero

Will be so cool to have a cat race in the game but they must be cute.:catface2::catface::love:

3. Iveryke

Iveryke Orbital Explorer

Wouldn't mind having cat people in the game. Actually kind of want full on hybrids, not just neko.

4. DemoSama

DemoSama Orbital Explorer

This feel generic and boring. They arent different from any other cat-humanoid in many other games. Haters gonna hate.

5. randoomy

randoomy Void-Bound Voyager

I really liked how all the anthropomorphic races were made in the new Thundercats.

6. Kyden23

Kyden23 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Aslan... I like it!

7. Duckman055

Duckman055 Starship Captain

I really like the Felar drawing idea! It's like a real cat, but with a human-body-skeletal-structure! If the cat people are added into starbound, (fingers crossed) I think different face patterns (Like full color, over the eye, around the face with a point in the center) would be amazing, as well as maybe some more crazy fur colors, like green, blue, pink, and red would also be nice. But Chucklefish, if you're reading this, please look up "Blinx The Time Sweeper", and see if the cat race might be a time-paradox prevention team, who use the environment to their advantage, by using vacuums or telekinesis to prevent law-suits. The Cat-people should maybe have similar clothing, just jackets,pants and goggles, which can be used to keep one from being blinded from the lights of time-travel or something. I just feel like a great game such as Blinx the time sweeper needs more recognition. And maybe even add stats to these people, like faster, better accuracy, but has a higher chance of pig treasure hunters to steal from you (A.K.A: Attack you) Blinx_-_The_Time_Sweeper_Coverart.png

edit: The "around the face with a point in the center" pattern I spoke about is seen on the cat: "Blinx" in the picture.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
    Jonesy likes this.
  8. Duckman055

Duckman055 Starship Captain

I like that idea, but maybe Chucklefish should add an alternate playstyle, like in the character creation screen you can choose the cat race: but maybe something happened where only some of the cat-people became anthropomorphic, and the rest of the normal cats gained knowledge of speaking, and technology, leading to where you can choose two choices: Either you can be anthropomorphic or a smart, small cat in a mech suit-Which can jump out of the suit. I just didn't want to be restricted to only being a house-cat in a suit, and have the option to be a cat-man if you wanted. Though, I do like the bail-suit option.

9. Flyboy1945

Flyboy1945 Master Chief

If I may, offer a name suggestion, how about Felis or Feles, which according to Google Translate also means "Thief"
    Both of which are spoken in Latin.

What? I like the language of Ancient Roma.

However, there's still the issue of a theme, to which I suggest either Roman, Gaul, Carthaginian, or Greek. (Yes, I've been playing Rome II for a bit of theme inspiration.)

10. Flocorporation

Flocorporation Phantasmal Quasar

I have a question, what their culture/religion ?
    Their history ?

11. TheChesireCat

TheChesireCat Intergalactic Tourist

Must.... Go into game...

12. The Furreonist

The Furreonist Pangalactic Porcupine

Cat people are mainstream and stupid.

13. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

I think the most compelling reason why there are no cat people in Starbound, is because Starbound is a sandbox game.

Have you ever seen what happens when cats are allowed into sandboxes? It's not pretty.

14. Flocorporation

Flocorporation Phantasmal Quasar

I lost my ribs because of your post, thanks mate!

Akado likes this.
  15. Hawk Novablast

Hawk Novablast Black Hole Surfer

I'd LOVE these to be added! They're culture should be semi-modern (third most advanced race after Human and Apex), and they could worship a certain rainbow farting poptart cat :3