Race Nekos (cat people) as a playable race

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Zachery Lorincz, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Atlus

Atlus Big Damn Hero

Are you seriously and consciously comparing disparity and dislike toward a fetishistic and somewhat unappreciatively vocal fandom to a hate crime against a biological trait like sexuality or ethnicity? :lod:

I think I had enough of this forum for today.

VelardAmakar and sticksane like this.
  2. Zachery Lorincz

Zachery Lorincz Sandwich Man

While I truly respect everyone's opinion I become annoyed when people criticize it with words not related to the subject at all. Meaning "Necro" doesn't imply neko, it implies dead bodies. So if you choose to voice you opinion in a negative fashion at least have the sense to know what you are saying.

3. Khilandros

Khilandros Scruffy Nerf-Herder

really?! wow, you are seriously throwing that card when nothing even close to that was said or being implied. :confused:

He said necro, because the person (you) who revived the post did so after it was dead for many weeks...not because it had anything to do with neko,etc. It is a common term used all the time on forums.

VelardAmakar and Patchouli like this.
  4. sticksane

sticksane Void-Bound Voyager

Trump card;
    http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/meet-the-parfelians.12580/Not only is it miles more unique than simply vaguely fur colored human models with ears, but it actually has mechanics beyond an insistence to add cats to the game regardless of value to the final product. If you can make your Neko race par with this suggestion then you wont be getting shit on so often.

grotesquepanda likes this.
  5. grotesquepanda

grotesquepanda Subatomic Cosmonaut

It's showing a huge misunderstanding for the group as a whole. I don't claim to know a super lot about people who call themselves furries either, but from the ones I've met its as much as a sexuality/identity as any other, so why hate on it so much?

6. Atlus

Atlus Big Damn Hero

Except it's not. A desire to pretend to have sex as an animal is not a medically and scientifically proven compulsion like homosexuality. It is a fetish. A fetish is a conscious carnal quirk or desire because it entices them to enact in it more by preforming it. It's a choice.

I am not even going to humor this. This is insane. You're calling furries something that I can be blamed for as a hate crime.

7. Daitenshi

Daitenshi Giant Laser Beams

I understand you two are having a serious discussion but would you mind, for both of your sakes, taking it to a private method of chatting? I just don't want to see either of you get in some form of trouble for passionately discussing something.

8. Not to mention furry does not automatically mean said person who is a member of the Furry Fandom likes yiff. Furry isn't the fetish, it's Yiff. Either way, please, take this conversation elsewhere.

Kage Tempest likes this.
  9. grotesquepanda

It's closer to a full blown philia than anything. That doesn't really make it a choice. However, we clearly don't see eye to eye so I was advised to say this:

You're literally worse than hitler. (And just in case you misinterpret this, I'm joking.)

10. Daitenshi

Daitenshi Giant Laser Beams

That is true, It's a rather common misconception.

11. grotesquepanda

To bring things back to topic. I like the basic concept of this race. Would like story/description/epicplotdevice.

12. litlbear

litlbear Subatomic Cosmonaut

i said necro because you revived your old thread, actually.

13. Bairy

Bairy Tentacle Wrangler

Necro = Replying to an old or "dead" thread, to revive it.
    Like a necromancer or something.

14. Zachery Lorincz

Near the beginning of the thread i asked the creator of the old Katar 9 thread if it would be okay to put them both together. She said yes.

15. Yuni

Yuni Phantasmal Quasar

I love cats. ^-^ So I think this would be a neat race, perhaps not call them nekos. We could use another mamallian race that's not too similar to humans like monkeys.

16. Zachery Lorincz

there is still a name vote going on NekoJin seems to be winning though

17. Shadow Wolf TJC

Shadow Wolf TJC Spaceman Spiff

Say, with all the suggestions for races of cat-people, including the Liberi, Zana, and Felix, perhaps we should do a poll where everyone votes for their favorite of the bunch?

18. Silverduke1

Silverduke1 Giant Laser Beams

there also katar 9 and parfelians though i wouldnt be able to decide between any of them

Shippo likes this.
  19. Elijah_Blu

Elijah_Blu Poptop Tamer

I'm a little surprised none of those races are Egyptian based. I think that would be a kinda neat setting for them.

Atlus and Shippo like this.
  20. Shadow Wolf TJC

Shadow Wolf TJC Spaceman Spiff

I can see why, since the Egyptians have a cat goddess called Bast, though I believe that the reason why nobody has suggested an Egyptian-themed race of cat people is probably because the Avians have already taken on the Egyptian theme.