1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Need Help with mini freezes due to mods

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Dennis2089, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Dennis2089

Dennis2089 Void-Bound Voyager

Hello guys!
    I have installed a bunch of mods to my Starbound v1.3.2 and for some reason it keeps freezing for 1-2 seconds, or sometimes also split seconds, every now and then.
    For example(not always) if I pick up things, go fast to an unexplored area and these things are even worse when my friend joins the game. Sometimes it also happens for no reason. My PC is quite good and it should handle the game easily.

Could it be that some of the mods are bugged or dont work together? I really hope to keep all mods but if its just one that is buggy I will remove it.

Can you take a look at my mod folder and make a guess?

Attached Files:

Dragonclaw likes this.
  2. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

I've found that FU is usually the 'cause of this sort of thing. I may be wrong though

Dragonclaw likes this.
  3. NuclearSlayer52

NuclearSlayer52 Phantasmal Quasar

immersive weapons seems to be the latest mod... try sorting by date just in case so the most recent is at the top... try remove that and any others added that day... if you have the steam version and have mods through that check for mods there installed the same day too.... generally if issues happen after installing a mod then that mod is the issue... either that or theres an incompatibility with another mod that was updated... but im assuming youre not using steam since generally only mods that arent on steam i would assume would go into the folder but it could be a preference thing...

but again immersive weapons is latest from me checking its date from what i can tell... sometimes mods inside mod folders will say later times then what the folder itself says though.... so another mod couldve updated and caused it but remove the latest and backup the universe (thatd be weird but cool imo but dangerous) and the saves players things.... then load the game and if its fixed its probably that...

i have Frackin Universe and the music one and the normal enhanced storage so FU and ES should be able to stay... but im not sure what the hoarder addon is... but again backup the files...

Waffle-Chan likes this.
  4. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

If you are going on a mission, that could be the source of the lag. For me it created a slideshow.

Have you tried tourming your computer all the way off and back on again. That sometimes helps.