1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Need help with custom shipworld

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Earlopain, Sep 20, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Earlopain

Earlopain Void-Bound Voyager

Hi everybody

I know how to install a custom shipworld but this time it just won't work. I want to use the BYOS mod with a custom race but I can't create the mod to work with them, even with a tutorial. But because I want to customise my ship I simply created one with a vanila race and tried to copy it to my character. I deleted the old one and pasted the new one in. Should work, right? Well it does, kind of. Instead of just loading the shipworld it somehow also creates a new ship for me, which clips into the other ship. I put up a screenshot in the attachment.

I also tried it with a brandnew character of the same custom race and it worked. As you can see in the screenshot I maxed my ship out. Is that the problem and if yes, is there a way to reverse it?

Attached Files:

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

3. Amber Talamasca

Amber Talamasca Pangalactic Porcupine

thanks Iris. I'm going to need a couple of things to properly help Earlopain.
    can you send me (or put on pastebin or something) your starbound.log after a session where you made a new character and had this problem with?
    also, could you please make available the addon that you wrote for it, so i can have a look what happened?

4. Earlopain

I think I said it wrong, it does work with newly created characters, it is my old one which doesn't work. I'll post the log where I delete the shipworld and put the other one in and the addon tomorrow, I unfortunatly don't have time right now. Thanks for helping!

5. Earlopain

Sorry for the long wait, but my HDD died. Anyways...
    Here is the addon and the logfile. I deleted my characters old shipworld and put the other on in while the game was closed. Then I started and the two shipworld 'merged'.
    This log is from when I tried to get the ship via the quest. With this version the ship was left unchanged.