Modding Help Need help with changing the dialogues - Can't repack the .yaml

Discussion in 'Mods' started by AnticAssassin, Jul 11, 2017.

1. AnticAssassin

AnticAssassin Space Hobo

Hello everyone,

I'm new here, and also new to making my own mods, so I hope I'm not doing anything wrong while I post.

So, what I'm working on:
    I wanted to add more dialogue to the game, for every character. I started with Shane. I wanted to add new lines for every season combined with the day and the heart level (so for example spring_Mon5: "-").

I was probably pretty stupid to add every single line in the file for Shane before testing it, but as I said I'm a beginner. So I finished editing the .yaml-file in Notepad++ and want to repack it with XnbNode. But whenever I try, I get quite a long error in my console. I'm uploading a picture so you can take a look at it.

So, could anyone tell me what this error actually means and what I did wrong?

I'd be very thankful for any help, I just hope I didn't work for nothing now.

Attached Files:

• Chisami

Chisami Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm definitely not an expert with this, but I'm pretty sure this is the same error I got with me trying to do that with Seb, haha. It turns out I messed up coding some places. (missing #s or "s and the like.) I ended up slowly adding lines and repacking every once in awhile to make sure it was still packing. I would suggest making a test edit the you know would work to see if you can get it to pack at all. I.E.: change an existing line to something obvious, and save+repack it. Unpack, and see if it saved that change. If yes, I would bet you messed up some coding somewhere.
      If not, totally out of my hands. I am not an expert at the coding side of these things at all. But maybe it will help? :rofl:

Voltaic123 likes this.
      • AnticAssassin

AnticAssassin Space Hobo

Hey @Chisami, thanks for your reply! :)
        Well, guess that's my fault for writing all the lines instead of trying if it works every now and then. :mwahaha:
        I'll go and double check all the lines, thank you!

Chisami likes this.