Modding Help need help modding

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Alikiba312, May 9, 2019.

1. Alikiba312

Alikiba312 Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, I'm changing Sam and Vincent's characters in my stardew valley game, but there is one line of dialogue I cant find that Sam says "Did you know, my little brother loves cranberry candy" I've looked for it, but I can't find it, it's not in Sam's dialogue file or anything, anyone know where it is?

• minervamaga

minervamaga Pangalactic Porcupine

It's most likely based off of the gift tastes in the NPC data files.

• MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

Those gift "hints" are dynamically pieced together using bits and pieces from Strings\StringsFromCSFiles along with information from other places. In this case, it's using the following 2 strings:
        Code:
            NPC.cs.4083: "Did you know that {0}" #!String
            NPC.cs.4084: " loves '{0}'?" #!String
        The "little brother" token is from the relationship section of Sam's entry in Data\NPCDispositions:
        Code:
            Sam: "teen/neutral/outgoing/positive/male/datable/Penny/Town/summer 17/Vincent 'little_brother' Jodi 'mom' Kent 'dad' Sebastian ''/SamHouse 22 13/Sam" #!String
        Finally, "Cranberry Candy" was chosen at random from Vincent's loved gifts, defined in Data\NPCGiftTastes.

While you could change those dialogue pieces with Content Patcher, they are almost certainly used for other NPCs as well.

• Qq9333737

Qq9333737 Space Hobo

Maybe it's cranberry jam.