Modding Help Need help making a crafting station

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Ertas10, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Ertas10

Ertas10 Void-Bound Voyager

So, I would like to make my own crafting station for a mod I'm working on, but I can't seem to understand how (I looked at the vanilla crafting stations files and at several modded ones and they all are very different in almost all aspects, which really confuses me as a noob), so if someone would show me how to do it (in a basic way, or with a few "extras" that can help me in the long run), I would be really thankful.
    Thanks in advance to everyone who decides to help me.

2. Inf_Wolf14

Inf_Wolf14 Parsec Taste Tester

A great series you can check out is @Naddox 's modding tutorial series.

Starting episode 6, he begins an intro to learning about objects and their files.
    By episode 9, he gets into a custom crafting station, but it is beneficial to watch the previous episodes to have a foundational knowledge.

Here's a link to episode one on Youtube so you can easily find his series/channel.

Besides that, here's a link that filters the entire Modding sub-forum for all "Tutorial"-prefixed posts.
    It shouldn't be too hard to find a tutorial you can use from that list.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    Ertas10 likes this.
  3. Ertas10

Ertas10 Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you very much.
    On a side note, I wonder why it is that the people with profile pics from neptunia that help me the most...

Inf_Wolf14 likes this.
  4. Inf_Wolf14

Inf_Wolf14 Parsec Taste Tester

I suppose it's because we are somewhat similar people... At very least, we know each other.
    (Off-topic but if you're a Neptunia fan too... Click me.)

5. Charlatan

Charlatan Parsec Taste Tester

Who, in their right mind, isn't a nepu fan D: ?

Inf_Wolf14 likes this.
  6. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

^^^I barely just started playing one of those games. So not me... yet. But I expect that will change soon.

7. Charlatan

Charlatan Parsec Taste Tester

Almost forgot this topic, Thanks @bkrk
    @Ertas10 if you dont mind waiting until "tomorrow" (it is 10 AM here) I can help you. A normal crafting station for your own stuff is rather simple to make.

8. captainfox

captainfox Space Hobo

how do i make it so my crafting table creates stuff.

9. projectmayhem

projectmayhem Spaceman Spiff

First, in your object you define a filter.

Here is an aexample from my Bazaar Terminal

"interactAction" : "OpenCraftingInterface",
    "interactData" : {
    "config" : "/interface/windowconfig/SWMbazaarterminal.config",
    "filter" : [ "bazaar" ]
    },

The filter is then applied to your recipes. Here is part of one of my recipes

"groups" : [ "bazaar", "t1" ]

That lets it show up in my Bazaar Terminal under the t1 tab.

The tabs are defined in your config file, listed above in the interactData. If you do not need separate tabs, its easier just to look at one of the vanilla crafting stations that only has 1 tab