Need help adding customised ships

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Fox.inc, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Fox.inc

Fox.inc Space Spelunker

Hey there dear Starbound community.

While I'm waiting for the upgradable ships I just searched the forums for some custom made ships. I first started with the bigger ships mod and I worked out pretty well but since I also added some new stuff from other mods I ran out of space and decided to install the UTC cargo ship. (Nexusmods). the friend who is hosting the server has also this ship and he is playing as a floran. as I managed to get the bigger ship mod running with my existing avian (by deleting the .shipworld file) I tried the same. so I deleted the shipworld file, copied the UTC mod files into the ships folder of the game and joined the server but all I got is the interior of my previous bigger ship without the hull. when I try going to my friends modded ship I got no problems I see everything and can walk around. I also created another char to see how this works out. but the same as before ( I copied the UTC mod files into every ship race folder) now there are two things I encounter:
    1. the ship has no hull like the one of my existing char
    2. it has the same interior layout like the bigger ships

these two points lead me to another point. somewhere outside the player folder must be another one that saves some data of my characters and ships.

the next thing I tried was to create a floran just like my friend and just like expected the customised ship worked. this leads me to another thing maybe a certain ship layout is locked to a specific race so two races can't have the same ship.

maybe someone could help me properly installing this mod.

thanks in advance.

2. Westeller

Westeller Space Penguin Leader

You are directly editing/replacing the files instead of using the mod folder?

Your old mod is probably still in there, isn't it? Or parts of it >w>
    That'd be why a new race wasn't affected: you never installed the old mod for other races, aye?

You can try to clean the folder out yourself, or you can ask steam to do it for you.
    Fixing it with steam will break or remove any other mods you've used, too, though.

To do it with steam:
    Save a copy of your current ship folder somewhere, in case this doesn't work as I expect it to.

Then
    Open steam
    Right click Starbound in your library
    Click Properties

Under Local Files click 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache...'

Hopefully, that'll revert your ship folder to vanilla, as it should be, and as it should stay.
    Install the mod using the mod folder, the way it tells you to on Nexus, where you got it >w>

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
    Fox.inc likes this.
  3. Fox.inc

Fox.inc Space Spelunker

ok thanks. I don't know what it was but it helped. I restored some of the original parts especially in the ships folder and I then I replaced them with the utc cargo mod and after deleting the .shipworld file of my existing char I was able to use it properly as well with me created chars. now I'm waiting for the upgradable ships ;)