Modding Help Need an original file back..

Discussion in 'Mods' started by MoonPlume, Mar 9, 2016.

1. MoonPlume

MoonPlume Space Hobo

Oops. Yep I may have made a tiiiiny mistake. That subsequently causes Sebastian to walk around looking like a horrific monster. I may have confused the portrait and the normal game graphic folders when modding something for him... So yep.

I could use a little help. I'm in need of Sebastian's original game file from Content/Characters/sebastian.xnb

Just that one file. Kind of a miracle really I only mixed up that one thing while working on it. Should have been making backups but eh, hadn't even started the game yet so I figured I could delete/reinstall if there was an issue. Sebastian is so very illusive however, that it took me a while to catch on to the problem.

• montana123

montana123 Subatomic Cosmonaut

• MoonPlume

MoonPlume Space Hobo

Thanks so much! I'll be sure to from now on

• Ink Dragon

Ink Dragon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

should be able to delete the file then in steam right click on stardew valley, go properties, local files tab, then click verify integrity of game cache. Steam will then download any missing files.

also, no steam won't replace any files that have been modded. I just checked this myself, still have all my mods.

• HylianNeko

HylianNeko Void-Bound Voyager

I just came across this looking for advice. The harddrive I had all my backups on isn't alive anymore. Any chance anyone has the default/vanilla dog and cat xnb files? Please and ty in advance!

• Maerzay

Maerzay Void-Bound Voyager

naiyru likes this.
          • insignifigantis

insignifigantis Void-Bound Voyager

I also came across this looking for help... Can anyone give me the original walls_and_floors.xnb from the maps folder? I seem to have lost the backup I made. Thankx!

• Squidthulhu1

Squidthulhu1 Aquatic Astronaut

• EpicXerneas

EpicXerneas Void-Bound Voyager

I want greenhouse.xnb as I downloaded a BROKEN bigger greenhouse mod! Please anyone give a link!

• fern7998

fern7998 Void-Bound Voyager

I want farm_foraging.xnd please help!!!

• Pshhkibo

Pshhkibo Orbital Explorer

Yo I need
                  FarmHouse_marriage.xnb

can't play without it :p

• ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

To everyone needing an original file back:

If you are on Steam, you can Right Click on Stardew Valley in your library, select Properties, go to the Local Files tab, and click 'Verify Integrity of Game Files'. This will return your entire Content folder to vanilla. From there, just reinstall SMAPI, and you are good to go.

This will, however, remove any xnb edits you have. Which you really shouldn't anymore. Between XNB Loader and Content Patcher, there are much better ways of using XNB edits which are less troublesome for you in many ways. Not the least of which is the fact that you aren't actually replacing any XNB files, so this problem will never come up in the first place

• BabyBlueDinos

BabyBlueDinos Void-Bound Voyager

Can anyone please help me, I need a vanilla houses.xnb file

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

Check the post above yours. It explains how to regain default files.