Mob Names for each type of mob

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Allen_Priestner, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Allen_Priestner

Allen_Priestner Aquatic Astronaut

giving each type of mob a unique name for ever different type of mob and give npcs randomly generated names :)

2. Giant Enemy Dinosaur

Giant Enemy Dinosaur Tentacle Wrangler

Yes! I think this is a great idea!

Allen_Priestner likes this.
  3. Allen_Priestner

4. ValentineVxx

ValentineVxx Orbital Explorer

Or How about if monsters you first time meet appear as "Unknown Specie" The First time you see it dood, and after killing X amount or being X time in that planet/biome, the name could appear and extra stuff like Hp Points, Element or others dood. Also what about you could be able to craft a MonsterDex To Tell you the monster info without the requisit plus more info dood? :eek:
    Stuff like knowing what element uses a monster to attack could be related to drops to make elemental weapons dood! :O

Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
    effynanas and Allen_Priestner like this.
  5. Allen_Priestner

So i guess my sugestion is liked :D

6. Goldpork

Goldpork Zero Gravity Genie

I like this!

Allen_Priestner likes this.
  7. Allen_Priestner

8. Feathery Dust

Feathery Dust Spaceman Spiff

I like the Idea! It'd be nice if the monster's name was generated along with it's design, basically each randomized body part can have a name attached to it.
    For example: A monster with red skin will have "Red" in it's name, and a monster with a spiky tail has "Spiketail" in it's name etc.

9. Allen_Priestner

ahh i get you :D

10. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

It must be long to program, that...

11. PitadenThePenguin

PitadenThePenguin Intergalactic Tourist

This would probably be a pain to program if it's specific parts of the creature that makes the name, unless it's the name that generates the creature. I support the heck out of this idea. Maybe you could craft something to record the monster's names like ValentineVxx said, but you could edit the name to what you want? Also, there's a lot of penguins on this thread.

12. Wiissoppii7

Wiissoppii7 Void-Bound Voyager

A creature could by default be called "Unknown Creature" then if you right-clicked on it or something then you could name it to your liking.

13. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

yeesh... necro much? besides, I think that simply naming monsters yourself IRL and calling it what you will is fine as it is.

14. Shadow Wolf TJC

Shadow Wolf TJC Spaceman Spiff

With such randomly-generated names like Red Octowatcher, Flaming Eyeasaurus, or Mottled Hornet-Duck, what's not to like?

15. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Good point. However, I'm not sure how easy implementing this into the random generation that's already in the game would be. Plus, I'm fine with referring things as "beetle spitting fluff duck", "fire breathing platypus", "laser eyed eye face", or the dreaded "aw what a cute bunnYOHMYGODKILLITWITHFIRE!".

16. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

Everthing Sounds better then some indescribable horror

Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  17. effynanas

effynanas Space Hobo

there should be a way to document each species for each planet.

when you sit in your captain's chair and look at each planet (i forgot what the interface is called x_x) there should be an info section specifically for each monster type you've found on that planet. then when you hover over their name, you can see a little sprite of them with all their info, like whether or not it's hostile, what it's attacks are, ect ect.

Jareix Cryvix likes this.