1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Name your planet!

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Swinburn, Apr 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Red-

-Red- Big Damn Hero

As boring and uninspiring as it is... The planet I'm looking forward to most to terraform into my crew's new home planet is... one similar to earth with mostly a generic forest or field biome. I imagine that if my crew is looking for a new home for their race they'd want something familiar and... well... actually comfortable to live in. Now of course I'll be building on other worlds, leaving little outposts, facilities, bases, and maybe even towns and cities, but for a true home sometimes what's familiar and "ordinary" is the way to go. As for a name... I hear there will be a storyline so I'll just have to wait and see what happens to the planet the crew left behind before I make a decision. :p

Oh! And maybe a small planetoid made of cheese. Get on it Chucklefish!

2. Player_1

Player_1 Void-Bound Voyager

I would have some sort of jungle-ey planet, with lots of trees and lakes and rivers, the trees would be really, really tall so I could explore above the treetops. I would name the planet Australia so that on the earth, people would always be getting confused.

Ted Gu likes this.
  3. 777eza

777eza Existential Complex

It might be the Canadian in me but my dream planet would be a snow/arctic planet the name would be "cold, really cold, you just won't believe how cold it really is" long but good.

4. Breather

Breather Oxygen Tank

ASDF, in honor of the IRC hero.

5. Dorsidwarf

Dorsidwarf Subatomic Cosmonaut

My planet would be an asteroid 345 metres in diameter with an airtight hut build on it. Magnetic boots madatory on GTFOMAH-LAND

6. My planet would be a dark place with black ground and the ruins of an massive civilisation dotted across its surface. Where the are no ruins, there would be great fissures from which lava continually bubbles. The skies would be permanently overcast, plunging the surface into perpetual night. Those who venture too far into the ruins would sometimes disappear without trace.

The only intact structure on the surface would be my lab, appearing small from above, but extending deep beneath the ground, in whose cavernous depths I would attempt to unravel the secrets of the universe.

I would call this planet Nilath. Visitors welcome, of course.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.