RELEASED MysticTempest's Tea Mod

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by MysticTempest, Feb 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. stephanreiken

stephanreiken Pangalactic Porcupine

Hey Mystic, two things about the compatibility mod.

1) I updated the actual mod part of my mod. No major changes just changed it to reflect some SMAPI changes that would break it in the next version of SMAPI most likely.

2) The Big Craftables was never intended to make it to my mod releases and shouldn't be in the compatibility mod. My fault for leaving it in after I tested it and it didn't work as I liked.

Otherwise, thanks for maintaining that and updating my part in it ^^.

MysticTempest likes this.
    • Kmirima

Kmirima Void-Bound Voyager

@MysticTempest will this tea mod ever become compatible with the longevity mod by @RTGOAT ??? i'm currently jumping between two content folders and saves because i love them both but cant play them at the same time - it would be awesome if this was possibleX3

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

I already have a version compatible with MoreCrops on my main post. Grab that one & its dependencies, and you'll be good to go.

• lannihamm

lannihamm Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm using the MoreCrops compatibility version, and I get mail that *says* I'm receiving tea leaves, but they end up being copper ore seeds. (Here are some screenshots)

Did I perhaps do something wrong when I merged the files and/or has anyone else had this problem?

• MysticTempest

Sorry, about that. The mail files were still using the data from my standalone mod, hence the wrong item being sent. I updated the "MoreCropsUC w/ Tea" version with a fix, for the next time you get the letter.

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

Hey everyone, don't know if anyone is getting this error, but I get an "Error Item" displayed when trying to buy from Pierre, but the item can be acquired correctly via CJB Item Spawner!

No error logs, unfortunately, though this seems to have occurred after updating to SMAPI 2.0 :s

I'm using the Compatibility with Stephanreiken's "Stephan's Lots of Crops" Mod

• MysticTempest

I just tested with SMAPI 2.0, and the other SMAPI dependencies. Everything seems fine on my end. Stephanreiken's crops, & my Tea show up in the shop without error.
                Try re-downloading the compatibility version; you might be missing some data.
                If you still have issues then it could be something else clashing, and I might have to check your log for possible mods that could conflict.
                But, check the files first; that seems like the likely candidate.

• Feenie13

Feenie13 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh man, this is really cool!

Are there any plans to make this available with SpaceChase's CustomCrops mod?

• MysticTempest

Hey Feenie13; thanks, glad you like my mod!

I just saw eemie's post about her new crops using the 'CustomCrops' mod: https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/eemies-mods-new-mods-melon-and-pumpkin-crops.115533/

Her new crops look great, but this is the first time I'm hearing about SpaceChase's CustomCrops mod. So, no plans yet; but I'll look into the possibility.

----------
                    EDIT: Editing this post, so I'm not double posting.

I took a look at CustomCrops, and right now it just doesn't have enough features. You can do much more with XNB modding.
                    For example, it doesn't have any support for languages other than English, or adding buffs to the produce.

And, since it's still using ObjectIDs(it modifies the files on the fly); it doesn't provide much benefit over modding the files directly. You're still going to get errors when mods overwrite the same data. And, if you're going to be modifying the XNBs for recipes, or other in-game ties. Then you're defeating the purpose of what I assume the mod aims for; making new crops modular & easily compatible with others without having to touch the XNBs.
                    It does make it easy to add the seeds to the store, but other mods do that as well.

So, for now; I won't be adding support for CustomCrops.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
                    • bspade091

bspade091 Orbital Explorer

Hello? I am having a problem with the mod? Whenever i open the cooking interface it closes. i also saw that there are no icons for the tea? The letters came and the situation is still the same. I may need some help...

• MysticTempest

Which version of this mod are you using? And, are you using any other mods with it that might be conflicting? If you're using SMAPI, post the log it generates to help narrow down the issue.

• bspade091

Is this the logs you're talking about?

(edit: i put a much latest log now)

[13:49:13 INFO SMAPI] SMAPI 2.1 with Stardew Valley 1.2.33 on Microsoft Windows 10 Home
                          [13:49:13 DEBUG SMAPI] Mods go here: D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods
                          [13:49:13 TRACE SMAPI] Log started at 2017-11-16T05:49:13 UTC
                          [13:49:13 TRACE SMAPI] Overriding content manager...
                          [13:49:13 TRACE SMAPI] Starting game...
                          [13:49:22 TRACE SMAPI] Detecting common issues...
                          [13:49:22 TRACE SMAPI] Loading mod metadata...
                          [13:49:22 TRACE SMAPI] Loading mods...
                          [13:49:22 TRACE SMAPI] Loading Automate from Automate\Automate.dll...
                          [13:49:22 TRACE SMAPI] Loading Console Commands from ConsoleCommands\ConsoleCommands.dll...
                          [13:49:23 TRACE SMAPI] Loading LookupAnything from LookupAnything\LookupAnything.dll...
                          [13:49:23 TRACE SMAPI] Loading No Fence Decay from NoFenceDecay\NoFenceDecay.dll...
                          [13:49:23 TRACE SMAPI] Loading Part of the Community from SB_PotC\PartOfTheCommunity.dll...
                          [13:49:23 TRACE SMAPI] Loading UI Info Suite from UiInfoSuite\UIInfoSuite.dll...

[13:49:23 INFO SMAPI] Loaded 6 mods:
                          [13:49:23 INFO SMAPI] Automate 1.7 by Pathoschild | Lets you automate crafting machines, fruit trees, and more by connecting them to chests.
                          [13:49:23 INFO SMAPI] Console Commands 2.0 by SMAPI | Adds SMAPI console commands that let you manipulate the game.
                          [13:49:23 INFO SMAPI] LookupAnything 1.16 by Pathoschild | View metadata about anything by pressing a button.
                          [13:49:23 INFO SMAPI] No Fence Decay 1.0 by Cat | Makes all fences and gates last forever.
                          [13:49:23 INFO SMAPI] Part of the Community 1.1.4 by Brandon Marquis Markail Green (Space Baby) | Lets you increase friendship by supporting the community.
                          [13:49:23 INFO SMAPI] UI Info Suite 1.3.2 by Cdaragorn | Adds a lot of useful information to the user interface. This is based on Demiacle's excellent UIModSuite.

[13:49:23 TRACE SMAPI] Context: locale set to en.
                          [13:49:23 INFO SMAPI] Type 'help' for help, or 'help <cmd>' for a command's usage
                          [13:49:23 TRACE SMAPI] Checking for SMAPI update...
                          [13:49:26 TRACE SMAPI] Checking for updates to 5 keys...

[13:49:28 ALERT SMAPI] You can update 1 mod:
                          [13:49:28 ALERT SMAPI] UI Info Suite 1.3.4: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1150
                          [13:49:37 TRACE Console.Out] gameMode was 'titleScreenGameMode (0)', set to 'loadingMode (6)'.
                          [13:49:37 TRACE Console.Out] getLoadEnumerator('Ren_169871975')
                          [13:49:46 TRACE Console.Out] gameMode was 'loadingMode (6)', set to 'playingGameMode (3)'.
                          [13:49:46 TRACE SMAPI] Context: loaded saved game 'Ren_169871975', starting summer 24 Y2.
                          [13:49:46 INFO Part of the Community] New Entry: Lewis
                          [13:49:46 INFO Part of the Community] New Entry: Robin
                          [13:49:46 INFO Part of the Community] New Entry: Harvey
                          [13:49:46 INFO Part of the Community] New Entry: Leah
                          [13:49:46 INFO Part of the Community] New Entry: Caroline
                          [13:49:46 INFO Part of the Community] New Entry: Abigail
                          [13:49:46 INFO Part of the Community] New Entry: Pierre
                          [13:49:46 INFO Part of the Community] New Entry: Penny
                          [13:49:46 INFO Part of the Community] New Entry: Evelyn
                          [13:49:46 INFO Part of the Community] New Entry: Linus
                          [13:49:46 INFO Part of the Community] New Entry: Clint
                          [13:49:46 INFO Part of the Community] New Entry: Alex
                          [13:49:46 INFO Part of the Community] New Entry: George
                          [13:49:46 INFO Part of the Community] New Entry: Pam
                          [13:49:46 INFO Part of the Community] New Entry: Demetrius
                          [13:49:46 INFO Part of the Community] New Entry: Haley
                          [13:49:46 INFO Part of the Community] New Entry: Sebastian
                          [13:49:46 INFO Part of the Community] New Entry: Maru
                          [13:49:46 INFO Part of the Community] New Entry: Wizard
                          [13:49:46 INFO Part of the Community] New Entry: Marnie
                          [13:49:46 INFO Part of the Community] New Entry: Sam
                          [13:49:46 INFO Part of the Community] New Entry: Jas
                          [13:49:46 INFO Part of the Community] New Entry: Vincent
                          [13:49:46 INFO Part of the Community] New Entry: Elliott
                          [13:49:46 INFO Part of the Community] New Entry: Shane
                          [13:49:46 INFO Part of the Community] New Entry: Jodi
                          [13:49:46 INFO Part of the Community] New Entry: Gus
                          [13:49:46 INFO Part of the Community] New Entry: Emily
                          [13:49:46 INFO Part of the Community] New Entry: Willy
                          [13:49:46 INFO Part of the Community] New Entry: Krobus
                          [13:49:46 INFO Part of the Community] New Entry: Sandy
                          [13:49:46 INFO Part of the Community] New Entry: Kent
                          [13:49:46 INFO Part of the Community] New Entry: Dwarf
                          [13:49:47 TRACE LookupAnything] Checking for update... none found.
                          [13:49:47 TRACE Automate] Checking for update... none found.
                          [13:50:21 ERROR SMAPI] The StardewValley.Menus.CraftingPage menu crashed while drawing itself. SMAPI will force it to exit to avoid crashing the game.
                          System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
                          at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
                          at StardewValley.Menus.CraftingPage.draw(SpriteBatch b)
                          at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.DrawImpl(GameTime gameTime) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:line 1256
                          [13:50:23 ERROR SMAPI] The StardewValley.Menus.CraftingPage menu crashed while drawing itself. SMAPI will force it to exit to avoid crashing the game.
                          System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
                          at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.DrawImpl(GameTime gameTime) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:line 1256
                          [13:50:25 ERROR SMAPI] The StardewValley.Menus.CraftingPage menu crashed while drawing itself. SMAPI will force it to exit to avoid crashing the game.
                          [13:50:35 TRACE SMAPI] Disposing...

• MysticTempest

Yea, that was the log; thanks.
                            It looks like you're missing some mod data. I don't see any SMAPI based mods that'd interfere, but did you install any XNB mods after installing my Tea mod?

An error like that occurs when you have my CookingRecipes data file, but no data for the rest of my mod. So, the new items will have no sprites, and because they lack data; they'll cause an error when you try to hover over the recipe.

Either, the files weren't correctly merged/replaced or another mod overwrote them. Try re-downloading my mod, and re-merging & replacing the files.

• bspade091

It works now ;A; thank you! and thank you for creating this mod!

MysticTempest likes this.
                              • MysticTempest

In reference to v1.2:
                                Small update, but I added a content pack of my standalone Tea mod to be used with Pathoschild's new Content Patcher mod.
                                For those who want to try it out as an alternative to XNB mods. I did some testing, and it seems to work well enough. But give me a holler if y'all run into anything odd.
                                Download, is as usual, found on the main post.

Edit:
                                05-02-18: An update for multiplayer will come a little later. I'm hoping to push my mod data much further back in the ID# section so I can remove the compatibility versions going forward. And, just have a single set of data at the end of the line(I know you can use the "When" field in CPs, but it's personal preference).

I've updated the "MoreCropsUnofficialContinuation" mod over on its thread; obviously without my mod,
                                And I'm awaiting some of the other crop mod authors/unofficial port authors to get in their data.
                                Hopefully soon; and if not then I may try to guesstimate how far back to place my data in my updated content pack mod.

Edit 2:
                                05-03-18: I got bored, and decided to update after all. Due to the update, you'll have to delete the old Tea items. But, now only one version is needed for compatibility. As the data is further back in line; so some of the other current XNB style crop mods can be first.
                                As the game is in beta; so is this update. But, it should work well; looks good so far from what I tested.

Last edited: May 4, 2018
                                • ThiefyLives

ThiefyLives Void-Bound Voyager

Hey, I adore your mod! Its so much fun having tea in my game! One question, what season do they grow and for how long? Also, you can put the cuttings in a seed maker, which combined with the Automate mod means endless tea! Found that by mistake. Thought you'd be interested to know.

• MysticTempest

Thanks, I'm really glad to hear you enjoy it!
                                    My Tea mod was initially a replacement/alternative to Coffee; so it has the same growth cycle. Spring and Summer for growing, and 10 days for growth.
                                    Heh, nice! Automate those seed makers into an endless loop; to infini-TEA and beyond! ^-^

• hopieluff

hopieluff Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi there! This looks super fun, but I keep getting the SMAPI error 'doesn't have a manifest'. Is there a fix I can do? Thank you!

• MysticTempest

If you're getting that error for the Tea mod. Then make sure you're merging the included "Mods" folder with your own game's mod folder. As the actual Tea mod content pack is in that sub-folder.

If it's for the included ShopExpander/CustomFarming folders. Then you can ignore/delete those folders for now. That's some of the extra data for the WIP 'Botany' expansion & will need tweaking once the SMAPI dependencies for that are updated for v1.3.
                                        By default the Botany expansion is disabled in the content pack. So, it won't cause any issues in-game.

• Malstrøm

Malstrøm Aquatic Astronaut

Love this mod! I switched the speed boost from Green Tea to Black Tea as it felt more balanced, but other than that it's great!

Suggestion: Put Tea Leaf Cuttings in a Keg to make Kombucha! Was going to add that myself, but I lack the pixel art skills.