Other My youtube series

Discussion in 'Fan Works' started by skillzalot, Sep 28, 2016.

1. skillzalot

skillzalot Space Spelunker

Hey guys Skillzalot here and today I want to show you my series on youtube im making for the game, the episodes are posted weekly and if I see some growth i will likely start uploading more often. Feel free to leave any comments of criticism here

Episode 1
    Episode 2
    Episode 3

• Peggylizzie123

Peggylizzie123 Aquatic Astronaut

Review Of Videos
      Hello Skillzalot I have watched all of your Stardew Valley videos and since you asked for a review here is one!
      Please keep in mind that this will mainly focus on criticism because that is what you specifically asked for.

Good Things
      Well first of all you do commentary which is very good to attract views and you also seem very relaxed and cool.
      You give tips like to repair the bridge quickly which is a nice bonus about watching your videos.
      You explain what happened the episode before
      and finally you also have an outro/intro which makes the videos seem more professional.

Bad Things
      Incorrect tag of what category it is in, it says people and blogs but it should really be gaming.
      The game volume was sometimes louder than your voice which isn't the best.
      You skip cutscenes and don't read peoples dialog sometimes (I know that it can be boring watching the same cutscene more than once but it is good for the viewers to know what has happened even though you explain it)
      and speak more!!

I overall liked your videos and have subscribed so don't take this as a hate thing. :) Thank you for reading!!

• skillzalot

I thank you very much for the criticism and i have been busy with work but have had a chance to go over each one. I was able to go through and fix all the tags about it being in people and blogs and switched them all to gaming i didn't know it was in there so that has been fixed. I was having issues with the game volume as well as fixing some recording settings, i got a new mic now so i believe that solved that particular concern, as for the cut scenes I kept them out to reduce the video length I will have to keep them in there from now on. I have been reading the dialogue more and I do my best to talk more and try to explain everything more clearly.

I appreciate all the advise and will continue to work on it as i publish more episodes as well as expand into other games

• skillzalot

Here is the new episode of the series its still alive and well every thursday

• skillzalot

Here is episode 8 of the playthrough of Stardew Valley. In this episode we continue the hunt for the horseradish and we catch linus doing something late at night

• skillzalot

Here is episode 9 of the series freshly uploaded

• skillzalot

Late night stardew valley for the thursday upload enjoy c:

• skillzalot

Here is episode 11 ready to go

• skillzalot

Hey guys im finally back after a long hiatus with some new gear and a new video would love some feedback if anyone has any