My wife Leah is always at home!!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Viej0, Nov 17, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Viej0

Viej0 Space Hobo

Hi.

My wife Leah is all day at home.
    Since we got married, she is aaaall the day at home. Just few times she goes out.
    Why can't she go to the places she used to go? Like beach, river or lake?
    I liked fishing with her.
    We also used to have some beers but now she won't go to the tabern anymore :(
    Could you add more paths to the spouse and let them continue now and then with their old paths?

Haha fun game!
    Best Regards.

Nameless_ likes this.
    • IAmVianca

IAmVianca Void-Bound Voyager

The same is true with Haley.
      She's mostly in the house and rarely goes outside (I only saw her ONCE, taking a picture on that little nook above the house). I wish there were family events in this as it can enhance the feel of the game after getting married. The same goes for the festivals. Like, why can't our spouses share the same table or stand beside our characters during Festival cutscenes? Or, why don't the villagers acknowledge that our characters are married, had a child, or even engaged?
      The family life part of this game has a lot of potential, and I just hope we get a glimpse of something more from it.

• Neromi

Neromi Space Hobo

I wish that too. My husband is sooooooooo boring^^

• tom7351

tom7351 Void-Bound Voyager

It's just the RNG. There isn't a specific trigger that if you do something special she will do something special. And this is just something that happens, let it slilde down, it isn't a suggestion i would say that you remove the post here and post it in general.

• RagnaThe

RagnaThe Void-Bound Voyager

They do stand next to you at the moon light jelly fish dance.

• RagnaThe

RagnaThe Void-Bound Voyager

They want part of the game changed, I'd say it fits here. Those triggers can be made, in a game as smooth as this, it's easy to keep track of many triggers at once. Also once a trigger is triggered then it can simply change a value which is later read when doing something, say giving them a gift, and provide new dialog relating to whatever the first trigger was, then resets the value to 0 so it only played that once unless triggered again. It's not hard to do, it's just very time consuming because of all the code you go through to put it all in the right spots.

• tom7351

tom7351 Void-Bound Voyager

It isn't like that. I think you are talking about the romance stuff. The point i was trying to make, the times that the wife goes outside is RNG, just like the artifacts, skull cavern, witches and farm fairy

• ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

Actually, it isn't RNG based at all, each spouse has a schedule, which can be interrupted by things (such as rain or season).

For example, Tuesday and Thursday, Penny still goes to teach the kids at the Museum, even as your wife. Leah goes on her nature walks every Monday.

On Monday, Abigail goes to the graveyard, and on Friday, she plays her flute up in the mountains then hits the pub on the way home.

Emily goes out to the docks on Friday.

The Wiki has all the information you need. Look up your spouse, there'll be a section for 'schedule after married'.

• Reneeisxena

Reneeisxena Big Damn Hero

One of the reasons I chose Harvey in my first farm is because he has to go to the clinic and is gone from the house a lot. Although on the days he is at home he is either in the garden reading, playing with his radio or just standing around. Thankfully he doesn't get in my way, unlike the kids who sometimes block the doorways. I think there is going to be a couple of doves in Pelican Town soon. By the way, I haven't found the answer to this but when you turn the kids into doves do you need a shard for each kid or just one will do both? Also, assuming you don't get a divorce, does your spouse notice the kids are gone and ask about them or ask if you should have more?

• Yespage

Yespage Intergalactic Tourist

I just wish Leah would finish that darn thing in the backyard and sell it and begin a new one. Leah has an art sale once and never finishes anything after. It wouldn't be too hard for art to start appearing on the walls at the home (including of the kid if is there is one). She could have an art booth at the fair. It doesn't have to affect the economics, but just some sort of progress of her art.

• TheVeganLife

TheVeganLife Void-Bound Voyager

"I just wish Leah would finish that darn thing in the backyard and sell it and begin a new one."

I 100% agree Yespage, and it would be great if lea went more places ^ ^