1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

My weapons aren't strong enough

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by IReallyHateYouPeople, Aug 7, 2018.

1. IReallyHateYouPeople

IReallyHateYouPeople Pangalactic Porcupine

The weapons I'm finding as loot tend not to be very strong and I'm in desperate need of damage.

How/where do I get better weapons?

2. PseudoGold

PseudoGold Pangalactic Porcupine

For most races you can craft the optimised melee weapon for your tier at an anvil. If you're a Novakid, you get optimised guns instead.

3. IReallyHateYouPeople

How do I increase my tier? I have the anvil fully upgraded and the most damage a weapon has is 23.

4. PseudoGold

PseudoGold Pangalactic Porcupine

It just depends on what materials you have.
    Tier 1: iron
    Tier 2: tungsten
    Tier 3: titanium
    Tier 4: durasteel
    Tier 5: aegisalt, ferozium and violium
    Tier 6: solarium

A few unique melee weapons are at tier 7 too.

5. IReallyHateYouPeople

Why are melee weapons even a thing if being close is so heavily discouraged?

6. Masiakasaurus

Masiakasaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You're almost always better off looting random weapons than to forge them. Do note that upgrading your armor does actually boost your damage though. Building a colony and attracting soldiers/guards will also randomly generate quests that may reward you with weapons appropriate for the planet's tier, as well, so you can try that to farm better guns.

STCW262 and IReallyHateYouPeople like this.
  7. Starwire

Starwire Void-Bound Voyager

1. be like me
    2. risk your life (without epp i guess if you're kinda new)
    3. place a colony deed in an area that meets the minimum requirements, on tier 5 planets, with commerce furnitures/decoratives, hope for a merchant tenant to spawn
    4. browse his/her shop items for weapons, remove the colony deed
    5. repeat step 3 and 4

another way to learn about all types of randomly generated weapons especially of common rarity.

lol. in short, just risk your cute buddy's (character) life to do crazy things.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
    IReallyHateYouPeople likes this.
  8. IReallyHateYouPeople

This kind of stuff should be told to new players at some point, if I had known that colonies came with weapon vendors I wouldn't have gotten fed up and uninstalled the game, deleting my character with it.

Knowing this stuff I guess I'll give it another chance.
    Thanks for the help.

Starwire likes this.
  9. Starwire

Starwire Void-Bound Voyager

even some legendary rarity weapons aren't as strong compared to some randomly generated weapons with particular stats or abilities..

cover up your favourite weapon's weaknesses by figuring what kinds of weapon with which abilities, should you bring along as the support weapons; for example having both far and close ranged weapons.. and considering the rate of fire of a weapon is pretty crucial affecting the speed to cast your secondary ability for especially defense towards fast monsters.. experiment with the best chance of survivability in terms of figuring what kinds of weapon one should bring; discover how the stats of two same types of randomly generated weapons varies..

Starbound universe is waiting for you to unravel!

(LOL)

btw i occasionally google about the information that i don't know in the game before end game.. and right now i hoped that i've never did any of those searches ye know.. i think it's more fun to not expose too much of a game.[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

10. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

You can try to go in to the floran quest. There are many decent weapon you can find in the floran hunting ground. Try searching the barrels and crates, there may be a weapon or two.

Starwire likes this.
  11. Catherine Franz

Catherine Franz Spaceman Spiff

I'd rather focus on making armors first then weapons after since they are the main damage multipliers + it makes u last longer in any situation..then if you want kinda high tier weapons,just make a house with furnitures that attracts merchants then you can just buy the weapon they're selling,if it's not to your liking simply remove the colony deed and replace it 'cause i think it's random weaps.