1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

My Scythe had vanished

Discussion in 'Support' started by Stormbat, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Stormbat

Stormbat Space Hobo

My apologies in advance if this is in the wrong place but I need some help please; I have been enjoying playing until last night when I ran into a problem. I’m playing on the Nintendo Switch and have reached Year 6, summer 1 on the standard farm layout. I used my scythe to clear the rubbish generated on my crop area. Fertilized and planted the area as usual, went to the beach and emptied the crab pots zapped back to the farm and went to bed.

Summer 2, I go to scythe the grass which is getting a bit out of hand around the bottom of my farm only to discover I no longer have a scythe. I only went into two chests the previous day and assumed it would be in one of those, it wasn’t so I checked all of the chests (13 on or in buildings on my farm and 3 outside of my farm) and looked in the fridge still no scythe.

Did some reading around some of the forums that the search engine kicked out, most of the messages seem to relate to other systems, but they all indicate that lost tools are either in a chest or return in the mail or can be found in the fridge.

Summer 3, no scythe in the mail, I again checked the fridge and all the chests but it’s still not anywhere to be found. Rinse and repeat Summer 3 for the next 11 days, and still no scythe.

None of my chests were full but, I have tried selling off most of what was in the chests. I have spoken to every NPC in case that triggered the return of my scythe; I deleted and downloaded the game again, I opened my second farm which is the wilderness farm layout on the same Switch and hubs save on his Switch and I cannot bin, drop or sell any tool, so I really don’t know what else to do, but I’m reluctant to put any more time into that save or start another game if the same thing is going to happen to my scythe or any other tool a couple of game years down the line.