Modding Help My race does not appear in the "character creation" menu

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Duckjoke, Dec 23, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Duckjoke

Duckjoke Void-Bound Voyager

So i am currently making a race mod (my first race mod) and i need to test it, to see if my race sprites actually look acceptable ingame. My race does not appear in the "character creation" menu though. I've followed a number of guides, to try to set up a template that will run. I should have everything i need to play my race. (I'll replace the placeholder stuff later, don't worry). But those guides were written a long time ago, and i have yet to find a new one. I have heard, that things have changed a lot, and that there are new requirements for races, so i need help.

Everything in my mod seems to work fine. The game does not crash, and the items i have in my mod also appears ingame. I currently believe, that i have done mostly everything right up until now, but i may be missing something, that is crucial for my race to work. (I have a race slot extender too)

Can someone tell me ALL the requirements for a race to at least be playable? It would help me a lot.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
  2. slowcold

slowcold Pangalactic Porcupine

Do you have the charcreation.config.patch file written correctly? It hides out under interface\windowconfig

Duckjoke likes this.
  3. Duckjoke

Duckjoke Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks,

this helped a lot!

I knew i was missing something!

slowcold likes this.
  4. slowcold

slowcold Pangalactic Porcupine

My pleasure :)

Duckjoke likes this.