1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback My problem with the Vault Guardians.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by tigerfestival, Oct 7, 2018.

1. tigerfestival

tigerfestival Cosmic Narwhal

So the Vault Guardians are supposed to be post game bosses essentially. Nearing the end of the game, many enemies and bosses get alot tougher. Thing is about Vault Guardians some of them are as tough as I'd like, while some are laughably easy to beat down. That's where my problem lies. Why is that some Vault Guardians are easy to whack when you've reached the post game? I would think that all Vault Guardians are meant to be tough since you've completed the main story, sadly that's not the case. I even would go to solar systems of higher tiers, only to run into a weak Vault Guardian. Why is that? I sure hope someone can give me a good reason, and perhaps if it's possible for me to only fight the stronger vault guardians. Thanks in advance.

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Most vault guardians are all about mechanics. It also depends on which armor you're wearing and which weapons you use. Its not that bad that vault guardians aren't that hard anymore once you know what they do and how to counter it. It makes essence farming way less tedious especially if you want to use terraformers and/or upgrade all weapons. Also vaults are always threat level uh 8 iirc so it doesnt matter from where you enter the vaults. They're always randomly generated and the boss is also always a different one.

If you're looking for some challenge with them try them without full armor or without any techs.

3. tigerfestival

tigerfestival Cosmic Narwhal

I appreciate the comment. You provided some interesting counter points. The part about people wanting to farm ancient essence, I think that the weaker vault guardians should only spawn in solar systems of the lower tier, while people like me who want a proper challenge can find tougher vault guardians in higher tier solar systems. That's just me though.

About your suggestion, thing is, I won't know if the vault guardian I run into will be tough or not. But If it's a weak guardian then I guess removing my equipment mid battle won't be too bad, but regards to tech though, I'm unable to replace techs mid battle(unless there's a mod that allows me to)but if I handicap myself with weak tech and stumble upon an a tough vault guardian I'll likely get creamed and end up losing some of my money.

That's why I think it would be better for weak vault guardians to appear on lower tier solar systems for people who just want to farm ancient essence while stronger vault guardians appear on higher tier solar systems for people like me who want a challenge.(I like a challenging boss fight, but not challenging to when I get creamed in like 2 hits)

That's just my 2 cents. It's not like the devs read any of the stuff we fans post anyway. Le sigh.