Building/Ship My [Nightly] Base

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by Pedro Falcão, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Pedro Falcão

Pedro Falcão Pangalactic Porcupine

[​IMG]
    Base I did on nightly with materials I collected/crafted by hand on that same planet. I'm pretty happy with how that barn turned out, but I think that brick house needs working. I think I had Skyrim's architecture in mind when building that house on the left, the barn was based on SivCorp's designs and the right house was based on a previous creation of mine. It was hard to collect enough plant fiber to craft all that thatch and wicker, but boy, the clay was a lot harder to find. Couldn't find clay on the planet's surface, then I set up a mine next to the village and started digging. Only when about 70% of the way to the planet's core that I did find clay and thank god it was in reasonable chunks at a time. By that time I already had enough Iron and Copper to craft anything I needed.

I seriously wish we had the option to craft the other wood blocks (wood panelling, wooden bridge, ornate wood and ornate flooring), even if we had to find a special wood or something like that. Also... No, more urgently yet: we need another ways into which to use stone. Cobblestone bricks don't fit anything and are ugly. It would be cool if we could have access to limestone and marble even on these starter planets!

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
  2. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

Great work! For the brick, I always treat it as a covering and not structural... Therefor I have a double to triple wide wall with the brick being the outside layer.

I guess it helps that I'm in the construction trade to know all this. ;)

3. Pedro Falcão

The clay bricks, you say? Indeed, it would be way nicer that way, but I didn't have many other material types to use and I was already abusing wood everywhere, so it ended up that way. That house was supposed to use the most luxurious materials I had, but I was hesitant of spending all the dark stones I mined from the ruins in a single house. It doesn't look luxurious, in the end, and not very safe either. It's hard to work with limited materials! I'll visit visit other planets and get some materials like tungsten, glass and more ornate wood, let's see if I can do something nice out of it.

Chrillzilla likes this.
  4. TheFloranChef

TheFloranChef Giant Laser Beams

Nice builds!

And I totally agree with what you said above. I grow tired of cobblestone bricks very quickly.

5. Pedro Falcão

[​IMG]
    Changed the house a bit, with the new materials I found in a desert planet. Since I had limited amounts of painted bricks and wallpaper, I only used them upstairs. Finally found fine sand to make glass (seems like normal sand doesn't, anymore), got enough tungsten to last for a while, and lots of ornate wood. I also found a lot of Iron blocks and girders in underground mining mini-biomes, so maybe I'll build a workshop with it.

SivCorp and TheFloranChef like this.