Modding Help My mod keeps crashing my game?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by poppychips, Jul 20, 2019.

1. poppychips

poppychips Void-Bound Voyager

So I'm just trying to make a simple mod to add some more clothes options for the avali race mod. I've used a template, even used files from other finished clothing mods, and yet it still crashes my game! Initially, it only crashed my game when I tried to open the clothing tab in the spinning wheel, but now I can't even get to the starting menu. I've attached the mod in question; any help or suggestions are appreciated! Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. poppychips

Update: using a different template now, so it doesnt crash. Instead, it doesn't update the files inside, and hasn't changed the clothes at all.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  3. poppychips

update 2: i put a copy of the folder into the mods folder directly instead of uploading it to the steam workshop and for some reason that works? i'm not sure why.

4. Zaakari

Zaakari Pangalactic Porcupine

That is how you would normally install mods (without Steam), as the game is designed to work that way.
    I don't know how steam handles its mods' installations, though. Maybe someone else can answer that question.

5. projectmayhem

projectmayhem Spaceman Spiff

I'm assuming your main issues is probably priority. You need to make sure your mod loads after the avali mod. Try adding this to your metadata file

"priority" : 99

6. poppychips

thanks, i'll have to check that out :> (sorry for the late reply)