REQUEST My Idea for Overhauling Progression

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Deliciou5, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Deliciou5

Deliciou5 Void-Bound Voyager

I am going to apologize ahead of time for long posts, i am just simply putting my complete thought out there.

I think the best way to make stardew valley a better experience is to create an overhaul for most aspects of the game when it comes to tools and endgame. That each mod by itself is pretty stellar at adding more depth to the game, such as the butcher mod or the cooking mod, or more tools(cobalt/prismatic),etc.

HOWEVER i believe that there is a lack of compatibility and balancing that adds these tiers into the game properly to give them a proper integrated feeling where these mods are synergized together to create an overall better experience, such as cooking skill effecting the butcher mod, or that more tiers of tools such as cobalt and prismatic are properly implemented are complimenting each other where cobalt would be above iridium and prismatic would be cobalt and they both are balanced to offer something unique.

I was hoping someone could mod stardew valley to overhaul things and combine them together to add new tiers of progression to the game, and have them synergized so when you have more tools and more recipes and new skills, they effect other parts of the game such as the community center and are balanced for each other and not just the same tier or isolated by themselves.

End game after 2-3+ years has no real progression to be had to justify extending the game any longer than that despite it being part of the playstyle of many to play for many years and have very little to progress into. Too much money, not enough goals.

So i have some thoughts on how to add more enjoyable progression to the game. First off..

Tools.

There would be more tiers to quality past iridium, probably at least 3 more tiers. Cobalt,Mythril,and Prismatic.I would balance this by making some of the tools progression more spread out so cobalt would sometimes do what irdium does.

Also i would add more perks to choose from where appropriate,maybe make it so there is more levels through level extender and have greater mastery for differing aspects of each skill. So you could level up both tools associated with the skill eventually it just takes full mastery to do so, so you would need to set priorities when leveling up based on your game style you want.

Axe:There would be higher tiers of wood for axes to chop, also it would be a secondary path for Foraging skill kinda like the fishing pole/crab pots parrel, and also axes would become better weapons as well if you choose to go the axe route. Also with higher tier wood would introduce more types of house/barn/coop upgrades as well, and better stables that have multiple horse slots and make horses better/happier.

Make tools like scythes/hoes have skills associated with them and more progression.

Scythe: Can be upgrade to be more useful weapon, and also be required for multiple tiers of harvesting certain types of plants that cannot just be simply pulled out of ground, and perks to gather more of a plant by using a scythe for harvesting(for non farm crops) which would yield more and maybe increase quality. So this would be shared on the foraging skill would upgrade axes to be better weapons and maybe harvest more wood per tree/stump, and scythes be for harvesting plants exclusively even though you can still pull things out of the ground for less of them. So you can still chose highest tier would and harvest 80% of plants regardless of what path you take between axes and scythes.

Hoes:When you work your way up to mythril and prismatic you would get new tiers such as cobalt would do 49+24 spaces for hoes, and prismatic would do 49x2. Also hoes would be directly tied to mining/excavating so digging dirt and whatnot you would have a much higher chance of finding artifacts through digging dirt with hoe as you got perks for it and increased the quality of the tool itself. So maybe you would need a certain level of tool of hoe to find exclusive artifacts for certain levels also hoes would be better at finding shafts in dirt to go down multiple levels.

Pickaxes:Mining would be a good way to collect rocks/find stairs and geodes to make progression and there would be more tiers to rocks to slow progression unless you got higher pickaxe(also new mines with entrance blocked for higher pickaxe levels), mining will remain largely the same just more tiers and sharing the same skill as hoes, both tools can be upgraded fully and be used to get everything just that you are not setting priorities of which one more important first. Want more artifacts/shafts? Go hoe, want more geodes and use less stamina when breaking rocks? Go mining. Hoes would have exclusive artifacts based on tool quality and not perks/skills, just as mining would have exclusive geodes that can only be accessed if you get better tool to break rocks.

Watering can:I would make it so watering can is more useful than sprinklers since my philosophy would be that the more longer something takes, or the more effort you need to put in the more you should be rewarded. So it would be increased to be higher watering range naturally but also increase water retained for crops so cobalt and prismatic would not only water your crops in a wider area but cobalt would make water retain for 1 extra days, cobalt 2 and prismatic would be 3 extra days.

Also watering with cobalt/mythril/prismatic watering can would give a speed growth effect on all plants that increased growth rate by 10%/20%30%/, so things that would take 10+days to grow would get 1-3 days shaven off, whereas sprinklers are more convenient since they don't need to retain water they just water everyday, watering can and doing things manually would be more work, but then you could get more harvests per season. Quality of crop would remain the same regardless of the method. Sprinklers can double as scarecrows where you can put scarecrows on top of higher tier ones,

Watering cans where you need to still water things manually so many days a week you wouldn't have to do it everyday and rewards you for the extra effort you put in by giving you more harvests per season.

So you can do everything if you upgrade all your tools, perks are just there to specialize temporarily on your way to level 50/100 or w/e the cap would be where you could get most if not all the perks. That perks would make things easier but the tool level themselves are the gateway to unlocking things so you don't feel left out by specializing one way or another.

So just looking at tools alone you can give higher tiers for more endgame progression, which would keep players busy for longer. I also would add higher tiers to things like crab pots, kegs, beehouses, and make things like preserve jars/honey and various things that don't have higher tiers ...have higher tiers up to prismatic quality based on the tier of fruit/vegetables you used to make them. Whereas in vanilla if you put a gold fruit in the preserve jar you would get the same qualtiy back, so not only everything including cooking would have more tiers(cobalt/mythril/prismatic) but also it would promote growing the best crops to make the best quality.

Kegs for example already have a tiered system for wine the way i would change it would be that the wine made would be based on wood tier, so basic keg would be 1 tier lower if not normal quality for basic keg so gold fruit would yield silver quality wine before putting it in caskets. 2nd tier kegs made out of higher tier wood would have 50% chance as same quality wine as the fruit you put in, and the third and higher tier would make 50% 1 tier higher or 50% chance of same quality as you put in.

Casks would be changed to reduce time it takes to upgrade tier quality. So the highest tier cask would only take 1 week to upgrade each tier instead of insanely long times the current casks take. So vanill casks would remain the same, then 2nd and third tier casks would take less longer, where the highest tier cask would only take 1 week for each tier upgrade.

Also if you already have prismatic quality artisian good like wine for example and you put it in highest tier cask, then you can get a even higher tier than prismatic(rainbow star) which would be godly(white star), so if you put prismatic fruit in highest tier preserve jar would have a 25% chance of producing Godly tier jam/jelly. Same goes for everything else at prismatic level.

All friendships would have more tiers to them, and giving them higher tier gifts of mythril/prismatic/godly level would give significant boosts to higher tier friendships that 1-10 gifts of irdium quality or lower would be fine to get there, but if you want to become best friends(20) or have the best relationship with wife/husband(20) then you would need to start using cobalt/myth/prismatic/godly tiers to get significant gains in higher tiers of friendships with very good unlockables and maybe some of the higher tier things like preserve jar and kegs would be unlock-able through high tier friendships OR X amount of skill then buying the blueprints off respective shop keeper.

So if you want prismatic sprinklers then you need to have max friendship with Pierre , want best preserve jars then you would need buy blueprints off Robin, want best kegs/casks then you need to make friends with gus, and if you want best crab pots you need to have higher tiers of friendship with willy. Better furnaces that smelt ores faster AND higher tier will have a 25% chance of producing multiple instead of 1 for lower quality ores.Where as mythril/prismatic will always produce set amount.

All these higher tier blueprints are purchasable for a high price,however you cannot see the highest tier for each blueprint until you get make 1 of the lower tier versions or unlocking certain ones through overhauled community center, making friends with respective shop owners, and getting X amount of skill.

So if there is 3 tiers of kegs, then you can unlock kegs through farming skill, but higher tiers would not be unlocked threw farming skill but you still need a certain level of farming skill for shop keeps to have them for sell, you could get higher tiers early through completing 2nd tier bundles but they wouldn't unlock the recipe you would just get X amount of them earlier than normal. Blueprints would be gifted for free if you work on friendships, or alternatively if you hate everyone and the world you just get X amount of skill, then go purchase them at respective shop keeps.

Also like longetivty increasing friendship would make your selling prices higher and certain things like blueprints and purchasable items lower. The better prices would also be reflected in your shipping box as well so you don;t need to manually sell everything.

Community center would have three tiers of bundles for everything, and respectively there would be 2 upgrades for green house if you completely do the community center. Also there is more fish/more crops more everything for bundles as well.

Overtime as each year passes and farming skill increases you would unlock more crops that things like more crops mod would add into the game so you can focus on slowly unlocking new things every year, so to unlock everything would be a race to get higher friendships/skill/completing community center, and you would only be held back by the speed of progression, so you can wait until 2nd year to get certain crops unlocked OR you can get X amount of farming skill or complete bundles and get them earlier than that.

I think you overall understand what i am trying to get at with this post. I left some things out like fishing and ranching and adding new areas and what have you because i think post is already ridiculously long already. Also if anyone has a good starting place to read up on how to get into modding for stardew valley so i can learn how to edit the game files i would appreciate it if you directed me to some good posts about it, or what is necessary reading.

Coolwyngs and HopeWasHere like this.