1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue My game won't launch

Discussion in 'Support' started by yekek20, Jul 29, 2018.

Tags:
  1. yekek20

yekek20 Space Hobo

I have the game on steam and it will not launch at all. It will say that the game is running but then never launches and it just disappear from the task manager. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game multiple times, reinstalling XNA, almost everything I could find on the internet, but still no luck. I've looked in the StardewValley folder in the appdata folder and in the error logs folder it says:

InnerException:
    Stack Trace: at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.AudioEngine..ctor(String settingsFile, TimeSpan lookAheadTime, String rendererId)
    at StardewValley.Game1.Initialize()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
    at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args)

I'm not sure what any of it means and if anyone could help me with this problem I would appreciate it so much.

• Juh-01

Juh-01 Space Hobo

I'm having the same problem. I can't play, the game won't launch :(

• AdJaGu

AdJaGu Intergalactic Tourist

Stardew Valley requires an active (working) audio connection to run. Plug in a set of speakers, headphones, etc and the game should launch after that.

• Juh-01

Juh-01 Space Hobo

It didn't work for me. Updated my graphic drive, reinstalled the headphones, nothing has worked so far.