1. Note: Nightly builds are not officially supported and things that appear broken might actually just be broken with no way of fixing it, but community members may still be willing to assist you with common problems.

Closed My game crashes when I dig too deep

Discussion in 'Nightly Builds Support' started by shirotora, Aug 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shirotora

shirotora Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Whenever I dig to a certain depth, I get an error message and the game crashes. I'm attaching the log. I'm using the nightly build with no mods.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
  2. Kerlous

Kerlous Aquatic Astronaut

I have the same situation.
    Departures occur when I get to the "Winter Cave biome" - Prev last cave biome.
    Here is a photo report:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Access violation isn't fine. >.< Looks like too low RAM or there is an error in the sourcecode which can only be fixed by the devs. Or there is a very very bad written mod which can also cause an access violation under some circumstances.

Are you using mods?
    Are you using stable build or nightly build?
    What are your specs?
    @shirotora Does this error come everytime in every biome?
    @Kerlous Does this error come everytime in a snow biome?
    Does this error come on a new planet?
    When did it start?

Sorry for this lot of questions but there isn't much information here...^^'

4. shirotora

No mods, I'm using the nightly build, and I have plenty of RAM. I'm not sure if it happens in every biome, because I can't get to the corestone to leave the first. I know the nightly is unstable, but regardless, the devs need to know.[DOUBLEPOST=1408210226][/DOUBLEPOST]Thinking about it, they have been working on dungeons. Perhaps one of the new ones is causing it?

Last edited: Aug 16, 2014
  5. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

When you're using the nightly builds it is possilbe that some dungeon-generation-routines aren't completely debugged. So it can cause this ;) maybe it is also the new light-source-blocks (don't know if i can name them so :D )
    With this bug there is just sitting and waiting...idk any workaround for this except of not digging ^^'

6. Kerlous

This is not a new planet and snow biome. Planet is an entry-level (with him, I started playing). I dug deeply moving shift bedrock until you've stumbled on the snow. When he began to dig below, I get an error, the game itself works but it is impossible to make a click, if I try to fix the error then the game freezes and crashes.

7. shirotora

But I have to dig to get corestone so I can finish fixing my ship. Well, I guess there's no way around it unless I reset my universe.

8. Kerlous

just found a detour.
    Find a detour. Each error has a bypass, the error is associated with a very terrible thing that gives the effect of a player (speed, jump height, etc.), the name I do not remember. Just dig site and then suddenly you find fragments of the planet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.