1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

My game crashes even though I have the necessary requirements

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Barretoides, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Barretoides

Barretoides Space Hobo

Hey so I just installed the game, and it crashes A LOT. It is unplayable. My pc has more than necessary requirements to run the game, and it crashes. Please help me. My pc is an i5 with 4g RAM 200 HD.

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please provide your starbound.log so we can see whats the problem here.

3. Barretoides

Barretoides Space Hobo

How can I do this?

4. Iris Blanche

The log is located in your storage folder of your starbound install. You can upload it via the "upload a file" button. Keep in mind that the file might appear as only "starbound" instead of "starbound.log". If there is a "starbound" file without extension this will be the file you need to upload here.

5. Barretoides

Barretoides Space Hobo

In fact, the game file on my desktop does not have the image of the penguin that it should have, in fact, it has no image at all.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2020
  6. Iris Blanche

Is this a log after a crash happened? It shows no information. I need a log directly after the crash. Tho from what i can see your hardware barely fulfills the absolute minimum so it might be memory issues here. Without a log from the crash i cant say that for sure tho.
    About the icon this can be an OS issue and has nothing to do with starbound itself.

Also avoid doubleposting. Edit your post instead if you want to make additions.

7. Barretoides

Barretoides Space Hobo

Well, I'll give you all the possible information: I open the game normally, and on the home screen the game no longer runs right, as if it were at 10 fps. When I choose my character, the game crashes, and when I try to move already inside my ship, it's like 2 fps. All of this happens regardless of whether I open the game via Steam or not. The proof that my pc runs the game, is that I already downloaded the pirated version to test it and after I liked it, I bought it on Steam. I must have played about 2 hours in the pirate version, and it ran perfectly, at about 40 fps. I even tried to reinstall the game but it didn't work. It also didn't work to restart the pc. The requirements for the game are at most an i3. This is what is written on Steam, besides that as I already said, I already managed to play the game smoothly.

8. Iris Blanche

Like i said, without a log right after the crash i cannot say for sure if it is a technical limitation. Your CPU is fine yes but it might be the vram that is not enough. With an onboard graphics card like you have the vram is tied to the amount of ram you have. With 4GB of Ram your vram isn't very high which is most likely the case of your FPS issues as well as the crashes. Again i cannot confirm it without the requested log.

Also try to limit the atlas texture size in the options as well as turning off multi texturing.

9. Barretoides

Barretoides Space Hobo

Sorry, but I don't understand what you mean by logging.

10. Iris Blanche

After starbound crashes upload your new starbound.log file like you did before.

11. Barretoides

Barretoides Space Hobo

Sorry, I think we are not communicating well. You understand that the problem is not the game closing alone right? But, tomorrow I will do what you asked about changing the game settings anyway. Would it help if I sent the log while I'm in the game?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020