Digital My First Foray into Digital Drawing

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Jandroan, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Jandroan

Jandroan Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hello Citizens of the universe! I recently got a new tablet and stylus so I figured I'd try my hand at making some digital art. Now I present my first digital drawing.

Haori: Retired Samurai
    IMG_0006.PNG

I started with a portrait, nothing fancy. I hope you guys (and gals, and gender neutral species) like it.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
  2. Tyle

Tyle Existential Complex

Hey, this is pretty good! May I ask what software you're using? I'm just curious.

If you need to spoiler things just use (spoiler) your stuff/images (/spoiler), replace all the () with [] and that should do.

Like this!

3. Jandroan

Thanks for the help! The software I'm using is autodesk, its just a free app and doesn't have too many tools, but it works for now.

4. Tyle

Tyle Existential Complex

Nice to hear(I thought Autodesk is for 3D work only, well what do I know. :p)! I know a lot of people start off with GIMP since it's both free and is good enough to provide most of what an artist need. I myself used to draw in GIMP too until I switched over to Inkscape in favor of vector graphics.

5. Jandroan

Here's another!
    Ashena: Floran Hunter
    IMG_0009.PNG

Maybe for the next one ill try full body...​

Nibolas O Anelbozas likes this.
  6. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

You have a very crisp and geometrically smooth style! Very nice! If you'd like some tips on working with digital art, I'd be happy to provide at least some insight where I can provide it. Though it's mostly just for using the tools.

7. Nibolas O Anelbozas

Nibolas O Anelbozas Spaceman Spiff

I don't know why, but i really like this style, with the solid shapes forming volume. nice work btw

8. Tyle

Tyle Existential Complex

*whispers* It's the whole lineless thing X3
    Gosh now I wish I could do shades.

Nibolas O Anelbozas likes this.