My First Farm

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ShaneLovesChickens, May 19, 2019.

1. ShaneLovesChickens

ShaneLovesChickens Tentacle Wrangler

Update!
    I got the chicken coop and two chicks, Una and Jill! The next day was the Stardew Valley Fair and it's by far my favorite festival so far! I had a little trouble with the slingshot game, but did great at the fishing game, and I won 2nd prize with my display! I got enough stars for the flowers and the fedora! However, the highlight was definitely the fortune teller!

I almost didn't do it because it was 100g and I thought it would just spit out random stuff. However, Rasmodius said that the fortune teller was his friend, so I decided to give it a go. The first vision was me in the hospital with Pam by my side. (Weird since I've only ever passed out once.) The third one was me in combat, so probably related to the mines. But the second one... oh boy...
    [​IMG]
    AND I WAS JUST SHARING MY PLANS TO MARRY SHANE IN THE SPRING!!! HOW DOES SHE KNOW ABOUT SHANE?! AND WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?! I MUST KNOW!!!
    Sorry; I'm just incredibly curious now that I know it's not as random as I thought it was. All in all, it was a great day!

• Elenna101

Elenna101 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Awww...

(It's related to your friendship levels. It gives you a non-romantic friendly thing with whichever non-datable villager you have the highest friendship with, then a romantic thing with whichever datable villager has the highest friendship, then something about the mines/combat which is pretty much the same every time. Or so I gather from doing that thing a lot. :) )

ShaneLovesChickens likes this.
      • ShaneLovesChickens

ShaneLovesChickens Tentacle Wrangler

It's official: Shane and I are engaged!!!
        [​IMG]
        Here's how it happened:

On the second day of spring, it finally rained. After an entire winter of waiting, it was time to propose. I decided to be creative with the proposal. I milked a cow and then started gathering ingredients for a cheese maker. I got all of the required resources, built it, and put in the milk. Then, as it processed, I went to the beach to get the mermaid's pendant. At the beach, the Old Mariner said something about how he could see it in my eye. I bought the pendant for 5,000g (Over winter, I had saved around 11,000g.) and headed back to the farm. The cheese was soon done, so I continued my plan. I got a hot pepper from last summer out of a chest, then used the cheese and pepper to make pepper poppers, one of Shane's favorite foods. With the mermaid's pendant and pepper poppers ready, I headed to the saloon to meet Shane.

The saloon was where me and Shane had first met, as well as where we had become friends almost a year prior, so it was a symbolic place. I kept lookout and, when I saw Shane approaching, I got inside the saloon and took my place. By the time Shane walked in, I was really nervous. "Oh, Shane! Fancy seeing you here!" I said. He started talking about how the rain made him thirsty. "Here, I have something for you." I gave him the pepper poppers. He was happy to receive them. Then, I said, "Oh, and there's something else I wanted to give you." and handed him the mermaid's pendant. The music stopped. He looked shocked, but then happy. He said, "I accept!!" We agreed to have the wedding in 3 days (Spring 5). He said he wondered if this was all some sort of elaborate joke, but I assured him that it was not. Then, I got a beer for everyone in the saloon except Shane, who I really wish would stop drinking, and hopefully will once we're married.

The End.

Lew Zealand and Ringeltree like this.