Feedback My Experience with the Multiplayer Beta

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by mastersansai, May 22, 2018.

1. mastersansai

mastersansai Void-Bound Voyager

Hi everyone!

I've been waiting for the Multiplayer of SV fo a long time, since me and my Friend adored this game and really wanted to play it together.
    Of course we both downloaded the Beta and played together last week.
    I want to share my thoughts and report some bugs that accured to us.
    Needless to say, I'm aware that it's a beta for a reason, I'm studying economical software engineering, so I know what it means for Software to be "in Beta".
    But I gotta say for a Beta it works pretty smooth.

First of all lets start with the Bugs we accured. I'm not sure if all of those are bugs or are knowingly implemented like that.

• If you have a regular tool (no Upgrades) of another player it will transported back to him the next day, but the tool stays in the inventory, so basically it dublicates.
    • Even though the Community Center was said to be shared, it seems to be seperated.
    • Buildings cannot be moved or removed, which is a little bit annoying since we build a Barn and we didn't thougth through where to put it, since we were like "eh, we can move it later"
    • Sometimes when one Player is in the Mine oder the Skull Cavern, the other Player here the OST of it
    • After we both brought a sweet gem berry to the Statue in the secret forest, the statue had a glitched Sprite for my friend
    • When you use Items like the milk pail and got a message like "[Chicken] doesn't produce milk" the other Player get's it aswell and it interrupts Dialog with NPCs
    • You seemingly can glitch yourself into NPCs by simply walk into them.
    • Some cutscenes, like the one where Morris enter Pierres Shop, will Teleport the Player to that Location
    • I can't exactly point at how or why or when, but seemingly sometimes the NPC behavior seem to be buggy in the multiplayer.
      for Example: I tried to find Abigail but she wasn't anywhere where she suppose to be at the moment (I also checked the places where she sometimes go out side of her normal behavior).
      Another day I tried to speak with her but I couldn't.
    Okay so far with the bugs.
    The Multiplayer really is fun. for a Beta it really works smoothly. The connections are stable and there are just very rare some minor lags.
    But of course it's not perfect yet, so here are some things that I think are a little inconvienent:
    • I'm not actually sure if it's a bug or it's just how it got planned, but when you marry another Player your default bed is still the one in your cabin, which doesn't really fit if you ask me. I mean shouldn't it be, that the default bed is the bed side where normally the spouse would be?
    • Only one Player can open the Chest in the Mines with the Stardrop, so basically one player can get more Stardrop than the other, which kinda sucks. My Friend and I where splitting the work in the Beginning, while I took care of the Farm and the Animals, she went to the Mine.
    • Maybe you should state in the Mail for the Luau, that both Players need to bring an Item. We didn't knew and had to restart the game.
    • If you want to give some Items it's really inconvienent that you can only pass one at a time. Maybe you can add to the confirmation Screen an option to increase the amount of Items you want to give.
      There was one time where my friend needed a Bunch of Wood to upgrade the Farmhouse an giving 500+ wood one at a time would take some time
    So that's about it.
    Lastly I want to thank you for your hard work. as I said before, I know that it's a beta and it's still not finished. But what you call Beta is a full release for other developer so I really want to say thanks for creating a great example how game development should work and that you took your time make the best multiplayer mode possible and not just squeeze it out quickly with a ton of bugs and glitches.

Sincerly
    Chris aka MasterSansai

P.S.: if I accure additional Bugs or Inconvieneces I will let you know
    P.P.S.: Sorry for spelling and/or grammar mistakes, english is not my first language, but I think it's understandable enough

• mastersansai

mastersansai Void-Bound Voyager

oh and additionally:
      For the troubleshooting as context: My Friend was the Host

Also another Points:
      • There should be a way to get a Stardrop when you marry another Player, since one of the 5 you can get is by marring a NPC
      • The Dog glitched a lot. It walks fast through buildings, is sometimes outside of the map and suddenly teleports to the water bowl some times

Last edited: May 22, 2018