My daughter would like me to pass along this message...

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Goat7, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Goat7

Goat7 Space Hobo

Dear Chucklefish,

If you are busy right now, sorry for interrupting you. I just wanted to ask you something. I wanted to ask you if you could change Stardew Valley a little bit. I was thinking that you could do birthday parties. That means that, when it is someone’s birthday for example, they would send you an invitation in the mail. It would say what time it starts. 9AM – 8PM. They would sign their name. Between 12PM and 3:30PM, they would hang around. 3:40PM – 5:50PM, they would eat cake. 6PM – 6:30PM, they will open gifts. 6:40PM – 7PM, they will play games. Then at 8PM, they will leave.

From Eva, to Chucklefish.

P.S. This is dad now. Eva is 7yo and I'm 39. We've bonded quite a bit over your game and we appreciate all the hard work you put into it. It's lots of fun. Best wishes!

• SaraRouge

SaraRouge Yeah, You!

I love this idea!

• Kurachi84

Kurachi84 Cosmic Narwhal

i'm using a birthday mod, but a bigger party like this sounds fun!!
        the mod only lets everyone give you a gift, depending on hearts with them, but this sounds like a real party :)

• nekoCrimson

nekoCrimson Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm a little confused, so to clarify...

Is this "give the player a birthday, and let them have a birthday party"? (Like an official, better version of the Happy Birthday mod)
          Or is this "all characters have birthday parties"?

I'd probably enjoy either, but I think I'd prefer the first one. The one where all characters have their own parties sounds like it would get really busy really fast. In a way it could be a sort of challenge, but personally I'd feel more stressed than anything (I tend to feel obligated if I'm invited to a big event, and I struggle with that kind of anxiety enough in real life). But if it was a birthday party for the player, not only would the player then have their own birthday, but then there's more reason to focus on socialization early-game (unless your birthday is in winter or late fall) since you'd probably want as best a party as possible! Or to take it easy on socialization so the popularity of the party trickles in year-by-year.

Maybe NPCs could have special "routes" on their birthdays or on friends or family's birthdays, so it feels like they're spending time together on the big day.