1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

My Crew are lighting on fire!

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by redxlaser15, Aug 28, 2017.

1. redxlaser15

redxlaser15 Big Damn Hero

Before hand, I am not 100% sure this goes in this post goes here, but I think it does.
    I don't know why, and it has yet to make a big problem, but my crew constantly get lit on fire randomly in my ship; Seemingly all six of them that I currently have. They don't burn on a planet (Unless burned by an enemy of course). As far as I know none of my awesome mods do it, they shouldn't since I have no mods that affect NPCs other than fall damage (I added that simply because it makes sense monsters and NPCs would get fall damage.). Just because you fall down a long way doesn't strictly mean you are going to light on fire :p
    Does anyone know what's up with this? As I have said it doesn't cause a big problem or anything, I just wanna know if I get stop this because it simply annoyed me that they spontaneously combust in my spaceship. (In a thematic way, I simply don't like it since fire on any type of ship is really bad. (Especially a floran ship with man plants inside)

2. FoxDE2

FoxDE2 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've played for over 250 hours and this doesn't happen to me. They sometimes get burned when they try to warm themselves by my furnace, or, strangely, when they use my vending machine; but otherwise never just sitting there on fire, I'd guess it's one of your mods.

3. Palicence

Palicence Void-Bound Voyager

I am playing Vanilla and this only happens when they interact with some objects, it seems to happen often for no reason.

4. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

This is an intended feature: it's one of the interactions an npc with the "clumsy" personality type can perform with some objects. There are three ways to stop this: remove the objects they're interacting with to perform this interaction, put those objects behind locked doors, or dismiss the clumsy crew members (you can figure out which crew members these are by cross-referencing their thoughts (which appear when you press ctrl) with the thoughts for clumsy npcs on the wiki).

5. redxlaser15

Oh really? Then eh. They seem to have enough health to not die by fire. But for some reason they sometimes get wrecked my cultists/bandits but greatly help and survive bosses. Or at least the bug boss. I've always played in such a way that all my crafting stations were inside my ship to make things easier. Typically I only ever build villages and stuff because they look awesome. The only thing I ever keep in terms of a workplace any place other than my ship is a workbench. I'd lock the doors behind me but it takes a long time and is just a pain to set up a locked door right. At least for me, partially since I keep accidentally press 'e' on levers and stuff when I mean something else. One time I trapped myself somewhere had to break down the door. Does anyone know a good door locking system so I stop getting constantly stuck? While I don't care about it too much it still annoys me.
    Although if nothing comes I don't care to much. As long as they don't commit suicide out in the field then it doesn't matter too much. Might help that I have a medic on board my ship.

6. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

The easiest way to make a good door "lock" is to take two tiny wall switches, put one on either side of the door, and wire them to the inputs of an XOR gate and then wire that XOR's output to the door's input.

7. Kashmir

Kashmir Giant Laser Beams

Are you sure your crew isn't in Arizona. It's about that hot here.

FoxDE2 likes this.
  8. redxlaser15

Well, since Arizona is on earth and earth kinda got obliterated, I'd say no, they are not on earth. Plus the fact they only light on fire in my ship. I'm gonna assume why they hardly ever light on fire on planets is because I'm almost never by any fire on planets, only the stuff in my ship.
    Also helps that mods allow me to fly away so in the event they try to commit suicide by fire they'll just teleport straight to me. I really wish I could teleport like they can, wizard class in RPG growth allows a teleport later on, but it just isn't the same.

9. Mr Brightside

Mr Brightside Void-Bound Voyager

This happened to me as well, but only with 2-3 crew members and olny when they were interacting with a furnace.