1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed My Char is corrupted

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Saltfoam, Jun 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saltfoam

Saltfoam Void-Bound Voyager

OK so i need help i play on this server with about 40 people on it, i was on one of my persons and i got off the server when i came back and try to log onto the person i crashed the hotbar would load in and so would my name my health and stuff would both be at zero and right then i would crash. Now on this person i crash both in sp and mp. I thought well i might have a crash item so i loaded up starcheat to try to delete said item.... my star cheat wont load now to it just stops at reading player files at 50% (( because i have 2 chars so it probably reading the first one and cant the second one)) and a few moments later starcheat crashes to, the same thing also happens with SBSE it crashes to. Can anyone please help me here? i really like this person and i dont want to lose her (( i have also uninstalled and reinstalled the game and verified the game cache to and that didnt do anything))

2. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

Two things for you to do, leave the rest up to me:
    • First upload your logfile (Visit me to know how)
    • Second, upload your "giraffe_storage/player" folder.
    If you're lucky I can unbrick your char.
    If you're not that lucky, well...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  3. Saltfoam

[11:55:32.408] Error: Exception caught in client main-loop: (StarException) No quest template found for id 'ftlrepairmain2.gearup'

I got this error. IT wasent on the page, do you know how to fix it?

4. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

So you're not using mods?
    I'd need your metadata files then.
    They're in the player folder, located in giraffe_storage.

5. Saltfoam

How do i give them to you?

6. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

Either zip them and use the "Upload a File" function in the quick reply window or upload them externally (for example Dropbox or here) and post the link in this thread.

7. Saltfoam

Here im sending 2 because i had to split them they were to big to send in one[DOUBLEPOST=1435172229][/DOUBLEPOST]ok so for some reason all of this is to big to put in a file so im just going to use the link with the ((here)) you provided But i need you email?[DOUBLEPOST=1435172810][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I need your email because im going to upload with that link to a file thing you sent me and i need your email to send them to you

Attached Files:

8. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

Uhm, email should be on my profile.
    dksyuko@gmail.com
    Looking at the files already, tho, but feel free to email me the other ones.

9. Saltfoam

There i sent it to you. Sorry if im kinda noobish at this stuff i dont do it often

10. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

Okay so.
    I'll send you two files.

Number one
    Number two

I checked both files, all nightly assets and all stable assets.
    There is no ftlrepairmain2.gearup.

So either you're using a mod or the server is, or it will be fixed by using those files.

If that doesn't work the only reason that's left for it to happen is having an npc / object in your spawn-field-of-view that offers the quest "ftlrepairmain2.gearup".
    And this can only be achieved by modding, as there's no link to this quest anywhere in the assets.
    But well, for now just try the files. I included both since I didn't know which one is your actual character.

11. Saltfoam

ok so i can download both of them but when i try to open them it says i cant open them, do i need to drag/put them somewhere?

12. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

Oh, yeah, they're replacements for your metadata files in the player folder.
    Just drag them to "giraffe_storage/player" and confirm the replace when the dialogue pops up.

13. Saltfoam

huf no i didnt work. I wonder tho i got one mod that is skyrail sits and just lets me sit anywhere so....wait skyrail sits has a quest at the start to get the tech to use it... do you think that might be the problem?

14. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

Not really, that's a different quest.
    Could you post your whole starbound.log file?
    Maybe this'll hint anything.

15. Saltfoam

There i sent all 5 of them to you

16. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

I'll check the skyrail sits again, maybe there's really something off.
    In the meantime, navigate to:

"C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\assets\"

and delete the packed.pak file.
    Then verify the game cache again, forcing him to redownloading it.

17. Saltfoam

so after verifying it redownload it?

18. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

Nah, verifying IS redownloading once you deleted the .pak file.

19. Saltfoam

Ah yep sorry its redownloading now[DOUBLEPOST=1435184548][/DOUBLEPOST]Nope didnt work starcheat still crashes and can only read 50%of the player files (( i have one two people so it can read my first one and not the second one the one that crashes)) and when it says loading with the penguin and kola and such theres a big lag spike it will then go to the menu and it still crashes and such when i go into sp or mp. Mabye i should delete skyrail sits?

20. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

That didn't cause it, checked the mod content.
    But really, I have no clue what it is.
    Maybe I'll get enlightened tomorrow, but for today, seriously no clue.
    Probably just some minor dumb thing I'm totally forgetting about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.