1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue My bookmarks in save files from a previous version dissapeared

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Nancok, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Nancok

Nancok Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This is the thing, before 1.3 my saves where perfectly fine, i had all my bookmarks in place, but since the new one they just dissapeared.
    But what i found is that in my backup (from the previous version) wich upon being opened with a text edit SHOWS the waypoints, looses all his waypoints upon being loaded by 1.3.
    So if i copy my backup to of my save files(from a the previous version) and i try to load it in the game (with 1.3), the waypoints dissapear from the save file
    There is the old working savefile attached

Also my Crew gets duplicated each time i load the file :rofl:

Here is the other save file with the removed bookmarks by 1.3

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2017
  2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Do you have a backup of your universe.dat? It stores the universe id which the waypoints are bound to. Also attaching the saves as plain text won't help much.

~ Iris ~

Nancok likes this.
  3. Nancok

Well so how should i attach them? the forum does not accepts .player format.
    And yes, i have a universe .dat file, but changing it won't affect my other saves as well?
    My backup of my "universe.dat" file only contains this

SBVJ01UniverseSettings uuid da806329e10d95ebddf30046e13aaab0flagsoutpost_mission1final_gate_keyoutpost_mission3
    vaultsopenoutpost_mission2outpost_mission4outpost_ursaminertime@Σηm„ϊΙ

And the universe.dat file from 1.3 contains this
    SBVJ01UniverseSettings flagsoutpost_techscientist1outpost_techscientist2outpost_ursamineroutpost_mission1outpost_mission2timeA KçŒïuuid 1575db23608f4d140999143b615740e1

4. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Put them into a zip file and attach this. These files are in a binary format. Editing them with a normal text editor will most likely destroy them and render them unusable by the game.

~ Iris ~

5. Nancok

Sorry for the delayed response, i had problems with my main pc, i will upload the zip file soon. Also by checking the .world files and going back to the bookmarked planets i've noticed that the changes on the planets was wiped as well