1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

my biggest concern about this game..

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by matthieu, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Lenney

Lenney Void-Bound Voyager

You can tell me the lore all day and I'll still think it's dumb. I'm going to quote you until you realize how dumb it is. Ready?

"robots that cannot evolve further and are stuck in the medieval age of humans".. lolz.. ridiculous, right? Who could have known that humans could create robots but can't figure out better transportation than horses..

I really don't understand nihilism and how everyone here thinks that their opinion is somehow lessened b/c I don't like it. You guys should really just be more confident in your decisions and tell me to fuck off.

2. Notho

Notho 2.7182818284590...

You stated your opinion. Other people stated their's. It's a discussion. It's fine that you don't like it and others in here do. As I stated before, I'm glad the devs decided to risk being differant instead of rehashing something that's been done to death.

Silibus and Ironclad-Oni like this.
  3. Zreks

Zreks Scruffy Nerf-Herder

with your thinking they should be able to build themselves further and make themselves stronger,

but do you see C-3PO building stuff? no, he was built to be a friend and a servant

do you see R2-D2 making sandwiches and inventing shit? no, because he isnt capable of doing it

you know whats ridiculous tho... this whole argument you are just too full of yourself that you cant realize that you are the wrong among all of the people who took part in this argument

or you really are just a dumb little troll kid... either ways, im out, the glitch race will probably never be changed anyways so.. have fun! :up:

4. Dodgerr

Dodgerr Intergalactic Tourist

I think the Glitch lore is great. It's all a matter of opinion I suppose. Also, look at literally everything else in the game, most of it makes no sense at all. Why is it wrong for a robot people to be stuck in the Medieval times given the circumstance? If it bothers you so much, there's countless games you can play with the generic robots that you apparently seek.

5. Monkeybiscuit

Monkeybiscuit Phantasmal Quasar

Validity can definitely be measured, if something is an issue for many people it could be called valid. An issue for two people out of thousands or millions wouldn't really be considered a valid concern.

6. Lenney

Only in the eyes of the many. My point still stands. All concerns are subjective.

7. DeadFingers

DeadFingers Void-Bound Voyager

O'right, you got me, I admit it, I not only want, but also love the fact that there are horse-riding robots in this game. But hey, the horse is a robot too, so that's that. Also my spaceship is a castle. And that walking plant person loves eating the eyes she harvested from that tree. And that three eyed japanese fish is fighting a gigantic blue crocorabbit on the surface of a purple moon with a bubble shooting, oversized sword, while completely ignoring the fact that he should be wearing some sort of astronaut suit. Meanwhile, in the sewers, right under an outhouse, the Po golems and giant flies lurk in the shadows, waiting for a new victim. Not so far away, a bunch of monkey scientists perform a series of experiments on thought reassingment, always under the watchful eye of the Miniknog and the Big Broth-I mean... Ape.

If you were looking for sense and logic, you've certainly come to the wrong place. Now, if you excuse me, this robotic, psychopathic, Spanish bandolero ninja assassin vigilante has a bone to pick with an undead dragon (pun absolutely intended). I hope the space penguin army doesn't show up.

Ashgan, Arceale, Notho and 2 others like this.
  8. Monkeybiscuit

Monkeybiscuit Phantasmal Quasar

Happily the team aren't going to rewrite glitch lore because one or two guys think it's silly.

9. Lenney

I rofl'd... Absolutely superb post.

10. Rhaegar

Rhaegar Subatomic Cosmonaut

Your statement makes less sense than robots riding horses. What does humans creating robots have to do with horse-riding robots who clearly have no relations with their makers, or they probably wouldn't be 'stuck in the loop'. Horses were of great importance in the medieval era, so it should be no surprise that a simulation of medieval times includes horses. It would make even less sense again, if this simulation currently of medieval life had robots using hover cars as transport instead of horses. Just like it wouldn't make sense to be watching a re-enactment of a medieval battle, only for one of the participants to enter the battle with a tank.

Never mind that low tech societies being purposefully kept that way by other forces (programming glitch, ascended beings, more advanced species playing god) are a fairly common occurrence throughout science fiction.

11. misho

misho Big Damn Hero

a lot of stuff in starbound is a reference to pop culture. i'm guessing the Glitch inspired by medieval world from the movie wastworld :up:

12. Giibl3ts

Giibl3ts Void-Bound Voyager

I love the glitch lore and it shouldn't be changed. I believe I understand it but one small thing I'm confused about.. How are there so many of these glitch on other planets? Do you believe that the race that created them literally just made billions of them and placed them everywhere and they all glitched out? Personally if it was a glitch I woulda thought there would be such a small number of them and it's very very rare to find them.. Or some how even though they are stuck in medieval time they are self populating other worlds through space travel. For instances they are stuck in a medieval time loop yet they have been programmed to create other glitches and populate other planets?

13. cannedpeople

cannedpeople Tentacle Wrangler

The Glitch being what they are is my absolute favorite thing about the game.

14. Lallykins

Lallykins Gross...

Off-topic but Leon The Professional..great movie.

Honelith likes this.
  15. Honelith

Honelith Orbital Explorer

Haha, one of my fave films of all time. :D

16. OldJeebs

OldJeebs Guest

I like the Glitch, for me stranger the better. I'd be happy with a race made of chicken dopiaza that shot naan bread and rode horses made of spice but ill settle for the Glitch.

17. Kitsunami

Kitsunami Void-Bound Voyager

They are an incredibly refreshing take on robotic races.

As are the other races. I was playing a hydraul (sp?, sorry, super-tired) but ive taken to the floran after the wipe...they are just so..amazingly unique.