My art (and other things) thread

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Attack_Fish, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Attack_Fish

Attack_Fish Phantasmal Quasar

I'm just barely starting making sprites so I hope you guys can give me some feedback. The biggest problem I have is inspiration so if you like my artwork and want to see your own stuff here I will gladly take requests! The first sprite is one of my favorites, a blood orc! If there were more submissions allowed for the contest I'd enter this guy but I'll wait for another contest maybe!The only thing I'm not happy with this is the axe doesn't seem right.
    samplesspriteorc.jpg
    My next piece is a robot with guns for hands (so original, right?)
    samplespriterobot.jpg
    This next guy isn't really a guy at all, it's a spirit of earth... or water?
    spritesamples.jpg
    I don't know if this next piece will work since it's a .gif but it took me about an hour to make! This is my avatar walking.
    walking-fish.gif
    Making these has given me so much respect for the entire team! These four little things took a really long time, imagine how long the game took to make and how hard it was! Okay remember to leave me some feedback, requests or a sandwich.

2. jon218

jon218 Phantasmal Quasar

Good job:) Did you use some kind of template for the shape of the people? i'm just starting out also.

3. Attack_Fish

HCg6g.png I used this and a tiny bit of this:
    npcexamples-2.gif
    Do you have photoshop? Photoshop helps a ton when you can view animation on it. Good luck trying it out, it's actually pretty fun and is fairly easy, it just takes time.

4. jon218

jon218 Phantasmal Quasar

Thanks! Yeah i have CS 5.1, and it definitely helps.

5. Every Human

Every Human Scruffy Nerf-Herder

wow where did you get that second gif?

6. Attack_Fish

Off of Tiy's twitter page https://twitter.com/#!/Tiyuri he posted it quite awhile ago.

7. Every Human

Every Human Scruffy Nerf-Herder

:) huh i didnt know that........... darn it

8. Bamseper

Bamseper Ketchup Robot

You're pretty good. I especially like the spirit and the .gif!