My achievements! This isn't in real life, I mean for the game.

Discussion in 'Other' started by fishboyliam, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Imnotdavis

Imnotdavis Big Damn Hero

As I'm too tired to read everything this thread has to say, I don't know if this has been said yet.

What about achievements that actually GET you something? Instead of most games (unlike certain games such as saints row 2 where you get unlockable rewards) you could get money or a special weapon, like instead of a drop of the big monster of a planet you could get it deposited to your bank or straight to your inventory, or even killing it with a certain weapon or getting an entire set of armor, exploring the entire world.

My point is...there needs to be a reason to get the achievements instead of just so you can say, "Hey, I just got an achievement for jumping off a 10 foot bridge without dying." Like I said, you could get some magic weapon or armor piece that you could never get before for doing a certain thing, maybe getting money too.

2. Manilian

Manilian Big Damn Hero

Well, nobody can really make up achievements with timid information about the game's weapons and such. But were you going for something like this? "Poptop Tamer" Tame over 30 Poptops. (<-- I'm not sure if the Poptop is a challenging enough enemy to actually say
    "I tamed over 30 of those" and make people in awe.)

3. Vance Renadi

Vance Renadi Void-Bound Voyager

I'd say change the Resolution one to High Definition! and require 2 073 600.

that's 1920*1080

4. Imnotdavis

Imnotdavis Big Damn Hero

What? What I will use as an example, such as yours. If you tamed 30 Poptops, then maybe you would get some kind of Poptop themed vanity item (since this possibly would not be that hard to get). But with bigger things like killing a boss or a certain amount of harder creatures, you would get an armor piece for doing that, maybe getting boots for killing 100 of these monsters, 250 you get gloves, 500 you get the torso/pants, and then another set number that I don't want to think of out of the fact that mine may already be too high for how many monsters you would need to kill.

Vance Renadi likes this.
  5. Fishcake

Fishcake Pangalactic Porcupine

My Best Friend: "Kill 100 Enemies With The Same Weapon."

My Worst Friend: "Die From Your Weapon."

Run Away!: "Escape From 10 Enemies"

Escape Plan: "Dig Away From Your Enemies"

Just some simple ideas. :proper:

6. julian509

julian509 Void-Bound Voyager

i'm not gonna react to someone so i'm directly coming up with my achievement ideas.

from beyond the grave: kill an enemy within 2 seconds of dying
    out with a bang: die by an explosion
    chemical warfare: kill 50 enemies with chemical weapons
    fail train: die 100 times
    space pilot: travel to another planet 15 times

i dont have much more at the moment

7. The Enlightened Grue

The Enlightened Grue Master Astronaut

Thanks for standing still! : kill an enemy more than 500 blocks away. (distance subjectable to change)
    Rabbit Season! No- Duck Season! : trick an enemy into killing one of its allies
    Thats a very bad idea : Lead a boss to within 50 blocks of your only way off the planet
    Jar of Dirt : Hide a rare artifact within an easily destroyed container.
    Its the only way to be sure : After leaving a planet, proceed to utterly destroy it without ever setting foot on it again.
    A Real Man : after taking damage from a (small- infant Poptop sized) enemy, run away from it for at least 40 blocks.
    The Black Knight : survive having your arm chopped off. (not sure if possible with current game-design, but what the hey)
    Not my problem : allow a friendly town to be completely destroyed by enemies

I think I'll stop there... thats enough for now....

8. Redsun

Redsun Void-Bound Voyager

Terraria didn't have achivements alas.

Game=Life: Play for over 400 hours!

9. Redsun

Redsun Void-Bound Voyager

YAY someone agrees with me! I think you can get a new item, or a title or a trophie or something! For an example maybe you could change the flame color of you jetpack by doing an achivement where you have to fly a LONG distance with it.

10. Imnotdavis

Imnotdavis Big Damn Hero

Yeah, I don't like doing achievements just to say that you got something they could get as easily, you would be able to put the item to use or look cool, even though they could get the same item, it would last longer instead of hey, I got it and that's it forever and you never care about getting it again.

11. Eddy Steel

Eddy Steel Existential Complex

It's still very likely though.
    YOU DUN GOOFED! WE BACKTRACED THE DOUBLE POST!