My 1st Suggestion :)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Dougyhowzer, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Dougyhowzer

Dougyhowzer Space Spelunker

Hi I am new here and all so I don't know if this idea has been pitched yet.
    I am currently in the winter season and I just finished the " Feast of the Winter Star "
    Having participated in all the festivals , I found that I wasn't contributing much to the festivals.
    I liked the games , and interactions with the npcs', but I didn't get to really contribute as much as I would of liked.

So my idea is that with every festival ,Mayor Lewis gives the option of contributing to the festival through various tasks of bringing food , or donating resources , or crafting .

• Xamerzan

Xamerzan Cosmic Narwhal

Hi, and welcome to the forums! And I personally agree... it really feels like we're not as much part of the community if we're not helping with the seasonal events in some way. By no means would it be necessary, but if we wanted to contribute time and/or resources, we could do so for a minor reward or villager affection.

+1 for this idea. :)

nekoCrimson and Dougyhowzer like this.
      • ruddthree

ruddthree Phantasmal Quasar

I like this idea! Full support!

• Odd Farmer

Odd Farmer Big Damn Hero

Very interesting idea. I like it.

• Dougyhowzer

Dougyhowzer Space Spelunker

Thanks. I think it's very simple and just add's a sense of belonging in the community.

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

I don't think anyone's suggested this yet, and I think it's a fine idea. We already get a note from Lewis to tell us who our secret gift recipient is; the game could add notes about contributions to other festivals-- I'd suggest eggs for the Egg Hunt but Shane seems so happy to provide the eggs for the occasion that I'd feel like I was spoiling his fun. But how about being asked to contribute some pumpkins to the Spirit Eve decorations, a full dish of some sort for the Luau (not just tossing an ingredient into the pot), garlands of flowers for the Flower Dance, something home-cooked for the Feast of the Winter Star... There shouldn't be a penalty for not being able to contribute, since not everyone can cook or grows pumpkins or et-cetera, but perhaps helping out gives you a few points of social grace with the people who plan the event. Even without any reward, I'd enjoy cooking something as a role-playing addition.

• FishWhiskerz

FishWhiskerz Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah, you see all of the food there and it would appear that it's a pot-luck style dinner, but you don't contribute so you're THAT guy at the parties. lol I like this idea.

nekoCrimson and Fuzzyman like this.