Must-Play

Discussion in 'Games' started by D.M.G., Jul 27, 2017.

1. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

2. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

First, no matter what you think your skill at it would be, I recommend Touhou. Not to beat it, it's near impossible to beat, but to learn from it. To improve your pattern recognition, your reflexes, all that. Those games I feel are actually very good for improving those skills, and it feels great to get past what used to stump you.
    On to more straight up fun ones, modded Skyrim. So much fun. And SO PRETTY!
    Terraria is a great game, and better with a mod or two.
    And XCOM Long War is really fun, although not for the feint of heart. Or really anyone else, maybe it's worth recommending to enemies.
    FTL is a fun game. (Even more when modded. Noticing a trend?)
    And Mount and Blade Warband how about. That one is also fun, but doesn't need mods to be fun. (But can be better with mods)

Firebird Zoom likes this.
  3. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Thank you ^^

Welp, in order
    Touhou, I might get interested into that, but this is gonna be a harsh one ^^'
    Skyrim and Terraria are both games that I played, tho for Terraria I never found an explicit enough tutorial to mod it
    For XCOM, what genre of game is it?
    Finally for Mount and Blade, why not I'd say, I never dived into very medieval games

Firebird Zoom and Jimlad 42 like this.
  4. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

Install the Tmodloader mod, install mods from the mod browser included in Tmodloader.
    Turn based strategy. Send up to ten troops on missions to fight aliens, take cover to make it harder to be hit, if one of your troops dies they're dead, if they're wounded it'll be awhile before they can go on another mission, if you're willing to reload saves it's not too impossible, if you're not willing to reload saves then prepare for everyone you love to die.
    Yeah, it's really fun. Nothing like charging a small army on horseback. It's never been so fun to take over the known world. You can lead armies, or what I often try is to go basically solo, and take out armies alone. I've gotten very good with a lance.

5. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Thank you very much :3

6. Firebird Zoom

Firebird Zoom Oxygen Tank

Never actually played it, but I'd recommend MGR: Revengence, Snow really likes that game.

D.M.G. and Jimlad 42 like this.
  7. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Noïce :D
    Heard about this one

8. Firebird Zoom

Firebird Zoom Oxygen Tank

I'd also recommend Ronin and Hyper Light Drifter on Steam.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  9. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

You know, I assumed PC games. If we're talking some console games, then there are a few Wii games well worth playing.
    Okami is beautiful game with a wonderful art direction, and fun gameplay.
    Xenoblade is a beautiful long game with a great story and a good pace.
    All of the 3D Zelda games are good.

Sadly, there are no mod options for these otherwise I'm sure I would recommend them too.

10. Tyle

Tyle Existential Complex

Submachine.

A must for anyone who likes point-n-click, exploration, atmospheric, lore-centered and/or artistic (and FREE!) games - heck, any point-and-click games from Mateusz Skutnik. I love this man and how he handles things, grew up playing and being inspired by the series.

Note: I grew up with only a GBA and a PC with minimum bought games. Most of my gaming experience are from various flash games on the internet.

11. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Welp, I'm talking about pretty much any platform ^^

12. Biirdy Daysleeper

Biirdy Daysleeper Weight of the Sky

If you like Pikmin like games you will like Little King Story, you can find it on Wii but they're about to make it available on PC too. ^^
    But only the true Little King Story, not the "New" which just adds a nonsential story that absolutely wants to be canon while a simple reboot would have been enough (how could his castle and lands would have a clone not far away ?!).

D.M.G., Jimlad 42 and Firebird Zoom like this.
  13. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Whuzzat about?

14. Biirdy Daysleeper

Welp it's the story of a little boy living in a house in an unclear area who creates stories about a little king who tries to beat all the other big kings to prove himself he is great, but one day there's rats attacking his little theatre, so he get afraid of them and run out in the forest where he get lost. But he find a crown on a rock pedestal and once he put it on people around start to consider him as the king, and so the story he invented become true. By the way at least 6 of the 7 kings are representation of sins apparently. x)

The main quest is a bit linear but every king has a quite unique combat style. Otherwise there's mini boss to defeat in order to get more lands for new buildings and then new battle class, some of them are really though by the way, like the giant radish guardian who change your crew into radish monsters if they get bite. In fact I've never been able to beat the final boss, it was too hard for me back in the days. :')

15. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

It has no links with Final Fantasy, has it?

Jimlad 42 and Firebird Zoom like this.
  16. Biirdy Daysleeper

I don't think so, the game was developed by Cing (bankrupted) and Town Factory, and created by Yasuhiro Wada, so there's no direct links apparently. x)

17. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

On what platform is it?

18. Biirdy Daysleeper

Wii and PC on Steam, but some person are saying the PC version is not very ergonomic. Otherwise there's... *Sigh* The PS Vita version... (The one which has a bleak/boring new story and useless new features)

19. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

'll try the PC one

20. Biirdy Daysleeper

Yay ! Hope you'll like it ! ^^